Wing on the Murci | LamborghiniChat
News

Wing on the Murci

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 6.0 se, Aug 16, 2004.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Finished the installation. I ended up having some aluminum pieces fabricated so that I could actually bolt the wing to the center muffler cover, rather than the quarter panels. By doing this, I can change to a factory Murci wing when and if they come out with one, without having to repair quarter panels. The wing staunchions are actually just sitting on rubber gasket on the quarter panel. I also added black accent on the wheels, between all the open circles.

2. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    thank you aj, you are a GOD amongst men....gorgeous. lol. have the SRT-10's wheels always been black? i must be missing something.

3. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    lol. I powdercoated them about 3 months ago.

4. Juice It

Juice It Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Nice,really finishes it off IMHO.
    Are all Murci rear views black and the ones I see body color are aftermarket painted or can you specify when new?

Thanks,

Jeff

5. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    My god that looks evil, and a good decision on the wing mounts. Dont want no holes on that beauty.

Congrats!

What else do you have planned? Or is that a secret ;)

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Jeff, they must be aftermarket painted. Im not sure though.

I will probably ceramic coat the visable exhaust tips black next.

7. Future Owner

Future Owner Rookie

May 15, 2004
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Do you think you could post some better pics of the SRT in background? Maybe one of all three of your beasts together (pretty please)?

8. Skyler

Skyler Karting

May 31, 2004
    Canada, Eh
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    oooh, the wing looks gorgeous on that car.. maybe if it was the pearl orange of the body colour, that would work as well !

9. pwongd

pwongd Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    Gee 6.0, you do have good eyes. The decision to mount the wing on the engine bonnet is definitely right. The wheels look a bit strange to me though. I think the black area doesn't show up enough in picture. It maybe much better in the flesh. Congrat!

I just scratched my right rear wheel so I may have a chance to go all black on the wheels sooner than expected.

10. PSk

PSk Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It looks to me like it is angling up instead of down ... ??

Surely I'm wrong?

Pete

11. millemiglia

millemiglia Rookie

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Looks great!
    Stunning car!

/Peter

12. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow!!! The rims look superb. First time seeing them painted that way. Did you come up with that on your own creativity, or were you inspired by another set you'd seen? Love how they highlight the circles that way. And the orange, ooh the orange...mmm mmm, but I've rambled on that before... :D

13. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    It looks like that to me too, however, I love the wing on the Murci. :thumbsup: I also like the black outs on the wheels. Something new and original

14. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    It has 4 settings . It is currently in the "laid back" position. Even in this position though, the top surface is at 0 degrees. All SV/SE wings "look" like they are leaning back, but are not.

15. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    ok here is where I will get hated, The wing looks out of place, and the wheels need to be all black like the ones from the pic from gumball3000, the Carbon wing that was on the White Murci from Japan looks more in line, but if your happy AJ we're happy!!!!!!!

16. Cicero

Cicero Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    I like the wheels this way better than all black. The wing is hard to say. I really do like it, but since I know it is an add-on it looks like one to me. May be a bit too wide and tall, but it fits the body shape of the car. Is there a plan for a factory murci wing and if so what does it look like?

I do like that it is your car and you modify it as you see fit.

17. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    ok here is where I will get hated, The wing looks out of place, and the wheels need to be all black like the ones from the pic from gumball3000, the Carbon wing that was on the White Murci from Japan looks more in line, but if your happy AJ we're happy!!!!!!!

18. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    Daaamn right. let him do what HE wants with HIS exotic cars. we are not to judge my friend. lol

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    All black doesnt work on these wheels. They are 2 piece wheels, and it ruins the whole reason for the 2 piece separation. But what do I know.

It wasnt a carbon wing on the Murci from Japan, it was an SE/SV wing painted black. Same wing, I just elected not to drill holes in the quarter panels, which cover over 40% of the CF area on the car. Do you have any idea what the repainting cost, or replacement cost of those quarter panels are? I do. But again, what do I know.

Ive said this before and I'll say it again. I would never second guess what someone else chooses to do to their car, unless they were asking for opinions. By the way, there were 2 threads about this subject, and alot of people gave their opinions, which I respected. But when someone takes their own car, and has the guts to mod it to his liking, negative comments are out of line. But thats just how I choose to deal with things, as my Momma taught me "If you dont have something nice to say.............." But things in this world have changed, no doubt.

The reason I posted these pics was because many here had been active in helping me come to some conclusions, so I thought I would show the results. Its too late to make changes, this is what I did. This isnt a photoshop, its a real car with real pics.

20. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    Is that powder coated or decaled? Love the look of these wheels now! The first pic looks like they're decals, and the second pic is truely awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing this Murice in Chiarro Blue *ahem* PS guys *ahem* *ahem*

21. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Thanks Jimmy. I had aluminum pieces cut to go in between. Also had decals cut from the same mold. The cool thing is that I can change the look easily. I might make a set and paint them orange, and change them out. I got the idea from an ad in dupont registry which was a full page ad for wheels, but you could order the metal inserts in any color you wanted. Looked cool. I am experimenting with adding a little more black, as in the inner lug nuts. Also might do orange calipers. What do you think?

22. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    The wheels with the black outs and orange calipers would look sweet IMO. I was trying to think of a contrasting color for the calipers, but nothing really good comes to mind. Yellow and red would look too light and too dark. Black, silver and gold are over done. Green, blue or purple...uh...yeah, just won't go there. The whole orange and black as a combo works great, I think. Do you plan to have the silver Lamborghini logo on the orange calipers?

23. Cicero

Cicero Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    #23 Cicero, Aug 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ah...aluminum inserts. Does that affect the balancing at all at speeds? How did you affix them so that they come off? Remember those shoes from the early 80's Kaepa's that had the interchangeable logos pieces?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Cool shoes. Didnt remember those. Good old 3m. I actually did this on another car, and it worked well. No balancing issue. Up close, they look like part of the wheel. I didnt want to paint these, because I will get a set of the Roadster wheels when they become available, and sell these.

25. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I would probably go with the black lambo logo.