Who can I trust for my 15K service? | LamborghiniChat
News

Who can I trust for my 15K service?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ecnal, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    Well, I've put nearly 7000 fun miles on my 1999 Diablo SV in several months and need the 15,000 mile major service, plus tires, maybe brakes (squealing), maybe shocks (error light came on). Who should I trust for service? Who do you all think is the best mechanic/shop out there? I will ship it anywhere for someone who can diagnose and fix things without inflating the bill, who stands by their work, and who is honest.

I am narrowing my options and am hoping to get this all done before the weather gets really nice. Thanks in advance!

2. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Where are you located? Would love to see a pic of your 99sv. What color?

3. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    I'll try to get a pic up soon. The car is Rosso Vik with cream or snowcorn or whatever, I bought it from Nelson Auto Group.

I'm located in Missouri, but will ship anywhere.

By the way, if anyone has info re: service they would rather not share publicly, PM me.

4. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I know that car. Very nice. Nelson used to have a very good service facility. Motorcars International in Springfield, Mo. is also top notch.

5. lamborghinikid

lamborghinikid Karting

Oct 22, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Haney
    Robert Ball of Supercars International is your man. They are a highly renowned and a full authorized lamborghini service center. Top notch work , equipment , facility and over the top meticulous. When you pick it up don't look back. It will be brand new again ! Supercars International is located at the Road Atlanta facility . I had my car completely serviced there last summer including the valves which you will need and the work is nothing but top notch !

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    southeast
    Full Name:
    name

ok i know i am "just" a mere 308 owner for now, but may i please ask why something as new as his car would need a valve job already? seems if you drive the cars more often , things would tend to last a bit longer. thanks, michael

7. cgperry

cgperry Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    I think he just meant that it needs a valve adjustment, not serious valve work...

8. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    Do you mean my car? If so, I bought it used and have 14,000 miles on it. Valve adjustment is recommended in the manual. If you were talking about lamborghinikid, disregard this post.

9. lamborghinikid

lamborghinikid Karting

Oct 22, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Haney
    When i bought the car and as the new owner all I have to go on when i purchased it was the paper's telling me the history and the service history of the car from the previous owner. I do not trust that as far as I can throw it eventhough it was dealer serviced. I could have easily told Robert just to do what it needed and saved quite a few bucks but that is not what I wanted. Anyone know's that the valves on a lambo are critical to the life of the car. Most cars are bought then sold in a couple of years so they usually don't have any of the extensive service done unless it is needed at that time. Not me , I want it brand new again ! I bought this specific car to keep and I wanted the car 100 percent correct. So when I left for vacation I dropped it off and told Robert that I wanted the car FULLY serviced from top to bottom. No questions asked ! When I got the car back I knew exactly what had been done and as the owner of the car probably for the next 10 years I know what I have. A fully serviced and reliable 6.0 with 5K miles on it and when it hits 15K i will do it again.