Which Exhaust for Murci? | LamborghiniChat
News

Which Exhaust for Murci?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by jim g, Mar 26, 2004.

1. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I just got the info on three different exhausts for my new Murci. Which one should I go with. 1) Tubi for $3900. 2)Platinum Motors Stage 1 Sport Exhaust for $3900. 3)Platinum Motors stage 2 which they said "isn't street legal but its their most popular choice" consisting of cat bypass pipes, K & N freeer flowing intake and sport exhaust said to add 20 to 30 hp all for $5500. I'm leaning towards choice three but have only actually heard the Tubi and don't want the cabin to resonate like the exhaust on my X50 996 TT. Any input!!!

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Can't go wrong with the TUBI...sounds sooo nice...BTW, is it me or are we getting more and more murcielago owners?:)

3. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Well the K+N filters are very inexpensive. 200.00 max. So they are charging you 1300.oo additional for bypass pipes. I would definately dump the cats, i would dump all 4, im sure they only dump 2. You lose about 90pds of weight also. With all 4 cats gone, your looking at around 50hp.

4. jakopyan

jakopyan Karting

Feb 24, 2004
    I agree, Platinum Motors has the best exhaust for these cars. I would put a stage 2 exhaust on that Murcielago. Call them at (714) 546-4000. They are the best in the business and stand by all their products. Good luck.

5. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    That Tubi price is way to high....I paid $2300 installed. PM me if you want contact info.

6. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    I have a question. Why in the world would someone spend over 200K on a car and immediatly start tearing it up? It's not good enough? The factory blew it? It's not fast enough? What?

Not trying to be Smart-aleck, just don't understand.

7. homesite

homesite Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Fort Lauderdale Area
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I changed my exhaust in my Lamborghini Sv and now it sound like a formula one car.

8. zjpj

zjpj Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    what did you change it to?

9. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Rookie

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Have you heard a stock 360, gallardo, murcielago before? its quite tame in terms of sound, no theres nothing really wrong with what comes out of the factory its the regulations we have now adays that limit our cars. IMO if you do buy a 200K supercar it better sound like the baddest thing on the road and not like any other bmw or mercedes-benz..

10. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    Not to mention the stock exhaust is a big restrictive POS 90lb box of crap:)

11. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    OK now I understand.

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    well said, these are not stealth performance cars!!!!

13. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    If you have to ask...you wouldn't understand....

14. bubba

bubba Formula Junior

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Any thoughts about Gemballa exhaust on the Murcie? Someone who drives with us sometimes has a Murcie with Gemballa exhaust. I haven't heard it myself, but my other driving buddies who have said it's very, very loud. The words used to describe it are: earth-shaking, eardrum-popping etc...

15. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I actually bought a stage two, bypassing 2 cats from Kurt at White Racing Products in Tampa. He's supposed to be shipping it Friday and I should have it installed in about a week his words to describe the system are its the mutts nuts with a marked performance increase and the car should come from the factory like this so I'll post impressions once I get installed.

16. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Oh, I also got the K & N filters, figured it couldn't hurt.

17. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    Jim, what brand of exhaust is it?

18. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I Don't know to tell you the truth it was highly recommended to me over on ****************. I know its been sent from Europe White Racings email address is zr1power@aol.com. Maybe Allan knows the brand.

19. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Oh Clax the guys name at White Racing is Kurt, also a Lambo owner.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I believe it is Larani.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sorry, Larini.

22. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Oh Rob. When are you going to create a Lamborghini Section ?

23. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Today I drove a Murcielago 6 speed with Tubi and it sounds great. I even made the salesman drive it so I could stand outside to hear it. It sound a little deeper than the 360/Tubi. It does not sound abnoxious at all. No resonance inside with or without the windows closed.

24. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I was taken back by the price at Fox Valley of $7000.00 installed though.

25. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004

Fox Valley is'nt known for their competitive prices, which dealership is closest to you?