Where Do You See Murcielago Prices By The End of the Year? | LamborghiniChat
News

Where Do You See Murcielago Prices By The End of the Year?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Love the cars. Can't afford 'em right now, but hoping for depreciation to set in to a point where I can. Understand MY02 M's are currently going for about $190-ish. Curious to get your opinions on where you think these bad boy's lie by the end of 2005? $160 - $170K by year-end for low mileage models??

2. Paith

Paith Rookie

Dec 26, 2004
    by the end of this year i'd guess that the price would still be in the neighborhood of 200k+. Seeing as they still make the murcielago and prices still average 220-230k, I don't see it dropping much if any. Keep in mind that a 2001 Diablo recently sold for 205k at Motorcars intl. Granted, this price is is typically a bit above average, but at the end of this year, i'd still expect to pay at least 220k.

3. Paith

Paith Rookie

Dec 26, 2004
    for reference and comparisons sake, motorcars intl currently has a black murcielago, 2003, 5011 miles (give/take) and they got it listed at $234k. They might take 230 and I am going to look and hopefully purchase it this Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm at a loss though, i'm willing to fork over a pretty penny for a lime-green but cannot find one that suits me, and if this black one checks out, I think i'll go ahead and get it.

4. bobafett

bobafett Formula 3

Sep 28, 2002
    I think Vik's assessment is pretty good - expect to see the higher mileage 02s actually selling for 175-180ish maybe.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to find that in 2 years, Diablo 6.0s command more money than Murcies.

--Dan

5. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    sounds like this dealership is charging top dollar... i was looking extensively all over thecountry for murcis and had several dealers, lambo and otherwise looking for me...i was offered 2 different murcis, 02, low mileage for under 190k..an 03 for 205k..all without issues... i would guess the murcis will take perhaps a 10-15k hit in one year...an 02 could be had for 175-180k..but who really knows????

6. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray
    When i was shopping for my Murcielago i called dealerships all over the country and they all told me to stay away from 02-03 cars because of problems these cars are having. The 04 cars are supposed to have alot of electrical upgrades from Audi even the key was changed to the Audi key versus the older ferrari type keys lamborghini usually came with. I don't know if this myth of unreliability is true or not but was reason enough for me to stay away from them. But this might hurt resale of 02-03 cars.

7. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    I would agree, given some of the demand / supply trends I am seeing for these cars Dan. A situation similar to what is happening with the Porsche 993 TT's vs. the 996 TT's.

8. f1f355

f1f355 Rookie

Aug 2, 2004
    holmdel, nj
    Full Name:
    louie devito
    brandon, there is a lime green murcie for sale at lambo dallas. it's a 2004 w/ 700 miles on it. it's also listed on e bay. the current bid is 230k. louie

9. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Does anybody know if there is any truth to this, and if so, the specifics on the upgrades between MY's?

10. 993 guy

993 guy Karting

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Well said my friend...and a very good analogy! ;-)

I think $200k+ is a little rediculous on a 6.0 since these cars in "wanted colors" are being bought in the $175-180 range as per what we have seen on the board & at dealers. However with that said, I do think that these machines will sustain their value a great deal better than the Murci's. They're the "last of a breed" similar to the air cooled Porsches. Yes they will depreciate, but the curve will be much flatter than the newer cars.

...and as for you getting a Murci Vik, I think you and I need to have a talk about that. :)

11. jonathanp

jonathanp Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    #11 jonathanp, Jan 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray

Other differences i just remembered. Pre MY04 cars had everything in Km and the 04 cars changed it to MPH. In addition pre MY04 cars had a vibration from the engine at certain rpm's which was also fixed in the MY04 cars.

13. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Jonathan

Nice lookin set of wheels.

Luv the color.

Can you ditch the E-gear ?

14. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    What! Are you talking about the speedometer and odometer?! If so, I'm VERY skeptical about this.

For example, here are snaps of a 2003 on eBay right now.

http://ebay.carad.com/viewItem/viewAllPhotos.cfm?listing=1495381&template=48

The speedometer clearly shows MPH. It also shows kilometers below it, but this is common on other European-manufactured cars that I have seen.

Truth be told, the only know issue that I have heard with the early-edition Lambo's is that there was a problem with the lifting mechanism, which was remedied in later years (don't know specifically when).

Rehan, hope you weren't being sold a bill of goods when you were shopping around. :eek:

15. jonathanp

jonathanp Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    2002 Murcielago's were in KM, MY2003 and up are all in Miles.....

16. jonathanp

jonathanp Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    Ralph,

Thanks for the comments.. We are quite proud to have it in.

The E-gear in the Murcie is quite fun!!!

17. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Thanks for clearing up the issue. Since you appear to be at LoD, you would probably be well suited to discuss some of the changes that occurred b/w model years. I.e., were there sufficient "upgrades" b/w years, as noted by Rehan?

18. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray

You are correct Vik that was my mistake the KM / MPH change was done in 03 and not 04

19. jonathanp

jonathanp Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    There were some slight upgrades to the electrical system in 2004, but for the most part the car just gets better with age.

The more of a particular model they build, the better they get. The 2004 cars seem to be "tighter" cars and the E-gear is just phenominal.

JPeck

20. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    No worries Rehan - you were right on the MY02's.

21. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Thanks Jonathan. It seems, then, that there were no official fixes per se, but a number of "improvements" that were seamless integrated into the mfg process, similar almost, to the way that Ferrari does it.

I hear ya on the e-Gear, but I'm kinda an old school guy myself. Six-speed all the way! :)

22. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas P
    Paith,

This looks like just what the doctor had ordered for you. I know Jonathan. He will treat you right. Why don't you call him. Btw, where is your medical practice at in KC? Again, you should really come to our club gathering. We have a nice line up of Murci, Diablos and Gallardo and of course Fcars galore.

Call me for more info or give me your phone number and I'd love to help.

Regards,

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I agree with the others..the earlier M's will fall below the prices for the 6.0. The 6.0 is an outstanding machine. I would even venture to say that it's even more in demand then the M cars. There is just somthing about those 6.0's that Lambo got right. The M just does not have the same totaly balls out aggrevise appearance that the 6.0 Diablo has.

24. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas P
    vik...a bit off topic here but since its your thread so what the h*ll.

glad you are back home safe and sound, my friend.

25. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Thank you Tom. Greatly appreciate your well wishes.

More OT: Got the update from David. Sorry to hear things didn't work out. Like you and I discussed off-line, it was probably for the best. :)