what do you gus make of this? | LamborghiniChat
News

what do you gus make of this?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by MurcieMurcie, Sep 22, 2004.

1. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    http://www.motorcars-intl.com/detail_sgf.asp?offset=18&id1=483

$174,500 Blue 6.0 7000 miles

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srResults.asp?sessionkey={FB1AE188-FBFE-4697-8793-7CA1B5988464}&modelid=4&cat=true&from=crs&catid=1&catdesc=Exotic/Sports&makeid=41&makename=Lamborghini&modelname=Diablo&firstyear=&lastyear=&stateid=

Same exact car, except $163,500 13237 miles

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/detail_dal.asp?id1=380

Same exact car before they removed the wing, 13237 miles asking $163,000. But on the LoD site they have it listed as sold. So did a person buy it and bring it back? I was very interested in the car but had issues with the wing at their price. Is it a possibility that they rolled the miles back to 7000 to move it? Why list the car as sold when they just moved it to the other dealership?

2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Thats a puuuurty color...

3. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Two different cars, not odometer rollback. You can expect Motorcars would never even consider that, they are one of the most up front and honest dealers in the USA.

The differences in the price is just a mileage valuation.

-Ben

4. jonathanp

jonathanp Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Peck
    FYI guys, this is most definitely a different car. The car listed on our website was sold to a client in California. Some of you may have seen it at Monterrey.

The car listed on Motorcars' site has a completely different interior, no wing, less miles, and is on consignment with them.

Just wanted to clear this up with you guys. If you have any questions please contact me.

Jonathan Peck
    972-241-0808

5. Ricambi America

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Is it my imagination, or are those prices on Motorcars Int'l just plain wacko? A 1989 328 for 60K? Even with low miles, it seems like somebody should lay off the weed.

No?

-Daniel

6. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    I've learned just about all internet pricing is way off..They just don't keep it updated. That Dallas car has been there a long time...Mileage is hurting it.

7. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    What a relief!! So the car with the horrible wing went to CA? What would it cost to put a CF SE 6.0 wing on the 7000 mile car? How many owners has the car had?

8. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    I guess Dupont has the wrong info, the pic is of car one and the mileage/price is from the car sold to CA.....

9. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Its most definitely a different car

10. keof50

keof50 Rookie

Jun 24, 2004
    UK
    if you did that the diablo would be perfect

11. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    Yes it would:)

12. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    7-8k for the real deal.

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    The Dallas car sold a couple of months ago for 158k.

14. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    Is that installed or for the wing only?

15. wiz357

wiz357 Karting

Mar 30, 2004
    Sun Diego
    Full Name:
    Raymond

Hey guys,

My first official post here.

Anyway, the Dallas car is in Symbolic right now. I don't know if it was sold or it was traded. I don't think it was the mileage that kept the car from selling. I saw the car last week and it was in rough condition. It looks like the whole front has been repainted. The interior looks neglected. And, the wing is a cheap aftermarket that is slightly sagging in the middle. I'd say, I'd have to think very hard to pay $150k for that car.

16. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
  17. JJB

JJB Rookie

Aug 5, 2004
    Texas
    I am certainly not an expert when it comes to photography (I am lucky if they are in focus most of the time). I agree that the exterior color shows better in sunlight but look at the background (several garage doors, fence) and all of the shadows on the exterior and interior. Trying to learn to take photos of these cars has given me a whole new respect for the guys that do it well. I like to see a common element in all of the dealer's pictures. When you see pictures taken in several different places (especially in front of someone's house), you have to wonder if the dealer really has the inventory or not. I have seen many dealers where that is the case but certainly none of the dealers mentioned here.

When I was much younger my hobby was car audio competitions and I was lucky enough to get my car included in a feature story for Car Stereo Review. The only catch was that I had to take my car to the photographer's studio for the shots. It took eight hours for him to get four or five excpetional shots of the car. He told me that national advertising pictures will take days. It really is an art.

jjb

18. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Woods
    Man oh man. I WISH that car had black interior!!! It would be perfect then. I just LOVE that color. Even more than orange and black.

19. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    A-men, or like Ben's (but blue where his is yellow).