What a Waste | LamborghiniChat
News

What a Waste

Discussion in 'V10 Lamborghinis' started by 1Turbo, Jan 7, 2018.

1. RomanD

RomanD Rookie

Jan 7, 2018
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Roman Daniel
    Jealousy maybe? Someone might’ve been in hot waters with the owner.

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Perhaps this car is wrapped and the key marks are part of it.

Aside, I learned waaaaaaay back in the beginning of Lamborghini ownership that there are tremendous haters out there. On my second fuel fill-up, while I was dressed like I were driving a beat up truck, a seemingly financially challenged older woman standing next to me inside the store part, nastily says "huh, looks like someone's got money". It was such a shot of hatred. But I am glad it happened, it humbled me and made me a "never ever show off guy". I just said to her something like "yeah, I hate those F-ing people too. She most likely saw me get onto the Countach a few minutes later.
    Just made my love for the marque more private.

jollygood and Lambocars666 like this.
  3. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    I guess, he parked in the wrong spot. So people thought it's worth to send him a notice by keying the paint.
    Poor people, human nature is strange.

As for Lambo showing off, I don't find Lambo as a money show-off car, it's more of a style. There are bunches of cars pricier, like most of the top Mercedes were in their days, so.. a properly designed supercar delights a place where it goes, so it's very very stupid to blame a man, who brought such a delight to the eyes of the strangers.

4. PineChris

PineChris Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This is why I take my cars and drive them... then put them back in the garage. Not out to dinner... not out to the club nowhere but drive and home. Not worth the potential aggravation.

qvpower, u2driver and jollygood like this.
  5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer Formula 3
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Don`t agree - a Lamborghini is a "money-show-off-car". Everybody know that they cost a lot of cash.
    But heyyyy...."I cried---all the way to the bank!" (Liberace)

6. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    #7 hashiriya, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    G-wagen is a money show-off car, however, people don't take them to as much as they really cost. It seems to be socially adapted, despite some 6x6 or G-Maybach may cost well over 800-1mil usd/euro.
    So like Mr. Audetto said, it's like a beautiful women - "not everyone likes to go out with a beautiful woman, not because they don't have enough money or power, but because they are shy". I remember when I was a bit younger I dated a beautiful woman with a stricking red dress, daamn, everyone's attention was at her and at me as well, lol. All the drivers going past we were walking were staring at her, some were honking, lol. Ridiculous attention, no Lambo ever, that I drove, got that way much as we did in that time, ahaha. A batmobile with a strip-bar trailer could probably rival, but I've never driven one yet.

staatsof likes this.
  7. staatsof

staatsof Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Hiddin' in da garden
    Full Name:
    Boo
    Lamborghinis have been flashy ever since the Miura but are no more expensive or "outrageous displays of wealth" than a Ferrari , Mclaren, Aston Martin or a whole lot of other cars. There ARE tremendously more expensive cars on the planet especially some vintage ones. Come to Monterey car week and downtown Carmel sometime. It's literally flooded with them. Some get keyed there too! Aholes are everywhere.

8. Jana

Jana Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2015
    TX, FL
    Full Name:
    Jana
    The first week I had my Lambo, a woman called me a rich "c". As I was parked at the end of a parking lot, by myself, and waiting on someone, I couldn't have possibly offended her with my driving or parking.

Rich people have become the new enemy for every lazy, underperforming loser in society. And they are happy to tell you about it. At one time, someone pointed to an exotic and told their kids "If you work hard, you can own one of those someday." Now people say "Look at that rich a-hole. That's why we don't have nice things."

Tu160bomber, Booker, u2driver and 2 others like this.
  9. Elewis2051

Elewis2051 Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    People man. No one wants to be happy for you

Tu160bomber likes this.
  10. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx