VT,SV,GT, Jota and 6.0 differences?? | LamborghiniChat
News

VT,SV,GT, Jota and 6.0 differences??

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by GianPaolo, Feb 2, 2005.

1. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out the differences between the Diablo models VT,SV,GT, Jota and 6.0??
    Also help with HP numbers, engine differences, and body styling about each model.
    Thanks

2. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    VT= allwheel drive
    SV= Rear Wheel drive, slight increase in Horse power
    GT= light weight, inspired by the GTR race car limited availability carbon body panels
    jota= highpower, intake in the rear hatch EURO only
    6.0 last rendition of the Diablo arguible the best 6.0 litre engine
    VT Replica= v6 fiberglass, fiero body, poor man car......jk

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    What about the SE - Knowing it is a Special edition - I think they made 150 total worldwide - is this based on the SV, or VT or other?

4. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    SE started in 1994 only 3 years after the diablo introduction, it was rear wheel drive with carbon fiber used in it, light weight....special body panels.....nothing overly outragious

5. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    And, of course, there was the SE edition of the 6.0.... A good basic resource for model descriptions is http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/intro.html. Click on "Cars" in the left column, then scroll down to the various model-links. Within each one is a heirarchy of versions, each with their own link, pics and registry. Not meant to be definitive, but a helpful resource and not as off the wall wrong as many i have seen.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

Nothing outrageous ? Thanks buddy. What about the purple paint ? LOL

The car also had a special 525 bhp engine. Only 25 originally allocated to the USA. I think one has been exported, and one has been totalled ?

There are also cosmetic differences. Front fascia, rear muira type slots, tiny roll down windows, racing seat belts, magnesium wheels 17 front 18 rear, bigger brakes, CF seats, and other modifications etc......

DONT FORGET THE SE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Thanks alot everyone for your help.
    So it looks like the GT-1 is the Ultimate Diablo am i correct?
    With 655hp and a carbon fiber body nothing can touch it but if i had one i'll put the jota's 6sp gearbox.;)

8. Frozenguy

Frozenguy Rookie

Oct 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    http://www.lambocars.com/framed/index.htm

go there.. that will give you pictures and lots of info on everything.. thats where i learned it.. it gives you information on dang near every lamborghini made..

peter

9. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Thanks for the link.

10. Tubi

Tubi Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    Whilst i dont know a great deal about some of the models....i have always admired the JOTA for its looks and spec/performance.....a good friend of mine was fortunate enough to have a ride and drive!! in a yellow one a few years back.....

He said it was an absolute monster and one of the fastest cars he has ever driven - he only got to drive it on a hlf mile stretch once and although he is a very experienced driver (has driven a number of F-cars inc F40 and a Bugatti EB110) he said it was savagley fast, the car was iddling at 3/3.5 rpm and said it was a job and a half controlling the car even in a straight line! the car would not stop wheel spinning in 3rd and 4th gear.....in the end he came back rather flustered and just parked it up!

I believe the only 6 or 7 genuine Jota's were only made - can anybody confirm?

11. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    www.Lambocars.com says that 12 were made off of the SE30 body........one was actually shipped to the US but it was parked in someones collection and never moved....it had an open exhaust standard, with 595hp on tap.....it weighed about 300lbs less then the regular Diablo and had about 100hp more..........just imagine.......rumor is one guy could not handle the power and had his car detuned........

12. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

To die for ?

13. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    to bad you can't see back through the rear view window at the faces of all the people you just blew by...........=-)

14. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Yes. I LOVE that green!! What's it called?

15. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Hmmm, i thought ( and i could be wrong, but i can go upstairs to check in my copy of the L- Catalog Raisonne) that the original Jota was a special sort of "works" Muira that Bob Wallace had a hand in developing in the hope he could convince F.Lamborghini to go racing with his cars. The ploy did not work, and the actual car may not have survived. That there were Jota clones built, perhaps with factory participation, of some Muiras, and that the name has stuck, as a super high performance variant. But, are there any "factory" Jota cars? Or, are they more myth than reality, and the result of an aftermarket do-job, like Al Burtoni's "jota" upgrade program? I note that the Lambo Registry shows some number of SE30 "Jota" variants and refers to a "kit."

16. ciao baby

ciao baby Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Verde Hydra????

17. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
  18. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    The orange one is made off a 6.0 diablo, it is not a factory Jota, that is a ADD on kit made by Al Burtoni, still quite fast...........but the few SE30 Jota's are actual Factory retrofits......Limited editions.......not done by an aftermarket tuner........

19. Tubi

Tubi Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    #20 Tubi, Feb 5, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    To kill for.

21. urraco

urraco Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    I've noticed some Diablos have it's badge on the bumper instead of it's hood
    Why?
    lambo badge looks better on the hood right?

22. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    I think all the SE's have the badge on the bumper, while "regular" diablos have them on their hood