Valentine One Rear-View Mirror? | LamborghiniChat
News

Valentine One Rear-View Mirror?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by KRIS P., Mar 6, 2005.

1. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Rookie

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    I saw a rear view mirror with the display sceen for a Valentine One built in. Anyone have a lead on those. Do they make for for Lambos or do you know of a shop in So. Cal that makes one?

Thanks,

Kris P.

2. Napolis

Napolis Formula 3
    Honorary

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My wife's Turbo Cayenne has one. It was installed by the dealer. I'm sure some on the WC can do it for you.

3. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Didn't you post the same query on the "other" Lambo forum? I replied there, as have others. The display unit is offered by a number of shops, and to my knowledge, there are off the shelf units for BMW, Porsche and Ferrari. See, eg. http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BMI/PROD/AI-BE39M-V1LM-AD

I don't know about ready-made units using the factory mirror from Lambo, but the installers can send an existing unit out to be etched, and have the display electronics installed. I had it done on my Porsche GT 2 by AI Design in New York, and on my 550B by another installer in New York. Both installations were terrific, but as i said in my other reply, given the cost, it is far more cost effective to have a hardwire dropped from the headliner behind your existing rearview, and simply clip the Valentine to your visor. The V-1 cannot be seen from the outside, and you'll save a considerable amount of money.

4. KRIS P.

KRIS P. Rookie

Feb 15, 2005
    The OC
    Thanks guys....talked to a few shops, it's about $800+ to have my Gallardo done.

5. ay360

ay360 Rookie

Apr 2, 2005
    naperville, IL
    Full Name:
    asad yusuf
    kris,
    I found a company that makes one for my modena and I'm sure it's a step in the right direction for you. It was an ad in forza the ferrari magazine avai;able at borders etc. When I pick up another copy I will post or email you with the details or get to a bookstore and i;m sure you'll find it.

asad