UK Murci arrives--------------------------------- | LamborghiniChat
News

UK Murci arrives---------------------------------

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by tonyh, Sep 3, 2004.

1. tonyh

tonyh Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #1 tonyh, Sep 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here's is Simon 's stunning new car;

---------------------------------------------
    Well its here as i'm sure you know! I picked it up yesterday about 11am,was on cloud bloody 9,could'nt believe it!
    First impressions are it really is huge,and it does'nt shrink around you once you are on the road. Not that it interests me at all but the attention it gets is a bit frightening,already had cars following me keeping pace on the motorway with half a mile of traffic backed up behind them,but its great fun. Driving it, well of course it does feel very very quick but i'm supposed to be keeping it under 4500rpm, but all hell lets loose at 4000 which is when i have to start backing off. It is very very 'raw' to drive, loads of different noises. I have to say with the standard exhaust(which is still has on) the 355 sounds far and away better, the Murci just rumbles and bellows at you. Likes? Just about everything really. Dislikes? The gearchange. It may be because its new but its not the sweet clickety clack of the 355 gate, you have to slam it into each slot and the clutch(very very light) needs the full travel otherwise it crunchs. The noise will improve with the Tubi though.Brakes are superb,silly really but the horn sounds likes a truck,so thats going to be replaced with an airhorn similar to the 355 note. It is easy to drive but definetly needs more input and concentration than the 355. I'll let you know how the performance feels at 7500rpm when i can do it,but even now it feels like you need to hang on. Its just a different car to the 355 but i hesitate to say better(although obviously newer). I'd love to keep the 355 though too as ive said, but cant.
    I'll post pics asap but the ones ive taken it tells me i need to compress them and i have'nt a clue. I'll sort it soon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Omerta

Omerta Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    Congrats on the new car. She looks amazing. GREAT choice of color. IMO it is the nicest color lambo offers! Amazing!

3. imgunn

imgunn Rookie

Apr 12, 2004
    Amazing car, Congrats :)

4. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Rookie

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Im curious what he means about the clutch crunching?

5. simon355

simon355 Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yea, its got a lot better in the last couple of days.What I meant was, unless the full travel of the clutch is used, then trying to put the gearlever into the gate results in a lot of nasty crunching sounds. The gearbox has got noticeably easier and has loosened up a lot, but a clunk has developed from beneath the front of the Murci on turning left/right so itll be going back in for this sorting later this week.

6. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    LOVELY car Simon! Thanks for posting Tony.

7. tonyh

tonyh Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #7 tonyh, Sep 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Rookie

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    oooh any sound clips?

9. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula Junior

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    Any inside shots...

aehaas

10. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Rookie

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    about having to slam it into each slot, i think road and track, or one of the other mags i get, broke the shift lever 1 or 2 times during their test.

11. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    Yeah, carry some vice grips...just incase

12. simon355

simon355 Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Ali, after seeing the pics of the interior of your Murcie a few months ago I went for the same combination of black with biscuit/beige myron inserts. I've done 2500 miles in the Murcie in a month!! I love it, can't stop driving it. Only problem i've had is continually recurring issue with the lifting mechanism that raises the front spoiler. It does'nt go all the way back down and the warning light is constantly flashing. The Lambo boys hav'nt been able to get to the bottom of it yet but its in again this Friday for another go. The Tubi is awesome and on tickover with the car cold the sound actually hurts your ears. Once its warmed up its a lovely smooth deep note that really does the Murcie justice. Fab car.

13. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Tony, You did a good job of covering up his plates on the first photos you posted, but not so good on the last two close ups of the exhaust ;-)

Car looks great. I bet it sounds fantastic. A friend on mine brought his Gallardo round to the house last night, with its newly fitted Tubi (Loud) exhaust. I'm ashamed to drive mine around town now, having heard how it should sound. Booked mine in for next week! Audio and video to follow.

14. tonyh

tonyh Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    James,
    he said he wasn't bothered about plate showing :) Saves me having to edit pics.

15. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    I was only messing with you :)

16. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    Thanks for the pics! The third shot of the front looks absolutely menacing!

Doug M

17. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    More pics, more pics, more pics! :)