To E-Gear or not to E-Gear | LamborghiniChat
News

To E-Gear or not to E-Gear

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by ciao baby, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ciao baby

ciao baby Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Anyone have any experiance in a Murcielago with and without egear?
    how is the egear compared to say a Challange Stradales F1? .
    is the care noticeably less quick than a manual (poor launch?)

Will I feel sorry if I order a Murci without a manual so that wifey can drive it too (she wants a Stradale I want Murci Murci + egear=compromise?). Also I noticed that most of the Roadsters have egear???

The force is pulling me to the dark side.

Thanks in advance for the help

///MK

2. jim g

jim g Karting

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Murcie e-gear worked well for the most part if your leaning in that direction. I prefer the Stradale in every situation except straght line acceleration. The Stradale is what I traded my problematic Murcie e-gear on. Drive them both, there completely different. Good luck.

3. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I have an E-gear Murcielago and love/hate it. The problem is if you do alot of local driving you may get aggravated by the e-gear. When intially starting to move the throttle is extremly sensitive and the e-gear struggles to engage the cluctch. I am told this is because the car is all-wheel drive. What happens is either you end up moving out too fast or the car hesitates and start to jerk forward/backward as if it is going to stall. But they are other times the car moves away perfectly so it might be me. By the way the car has stalled once which was a shock being the the car is an e-gear.
    On the flip-side once you are moving the upshifts are very smooth and the downshifts are mesmorizing.

I drove a manual Murcielago before i opted for the e-gear because i found the pedals to be too close and was hitting the brake pedal frequently when depressing the clutch. That can be extremly un-nerving when merging on to a highway and up-shifting.

My best advice would be is drive both cars and see which one you are more comfortable with.

4. snikarec

snikarec Rookie

Jun 30, 2004
    e-gear is my favourite

5. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    If you like track driving or just aggresive driving e-gear is the way to go, and if there is a hesitation when starting off it probably needs an adjustment.