Seatbelt position on Murcielago? | LamborghiniChat
News

Seatbelt position on Murcielago?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by carl63_99, Dec 21, 2004.

1. carl63_99

carl63_99 Karting

Oct 22, 2001
    #1 carl63_99, Dec 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I saw a built model of a Murcielago on Automotive forums, absolutely great build, but one thing stood out when I saw the interior pic. the seatbelts on the model have the strap from the center of the car, rather than the outside. The builder says that is the way Lambo has been doing it since the Diablo. I can't find any definitive reference pics to verify either way, and I know some members here have the car in 1/1 scale. Can someone clarify for me?

Carl

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=334661&page=1&pp=15
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray
    That is correct the seat belt straps on the Murcielago are attached to center of the car versus the conventional side location on most cars.

3. carl63_99

carl63_99 Karting

Oct 22, 2001
    Hmmm, strikes me as not as safe. Seems the belt should hold a person from going out the window and this design would allow them to be thrown to the outside in some crash situations. I did find a sample pic on ebay, finally. Other pics show cars with the bottom latch on the inside, could these cars be Euro? is there any difference between Euro and US cars on seatbelt mounting?

4. F5506M

F5506M Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    North East
    Full Name:
    Ray
    There is no difference between a US and a Euro Murcielago as far as i know except for some minor exterior changes i.e side marker lights and other changes i may not be aware of. I think you are confusing the interior of the Murcielago with that of the Gallardo. The Gallardo has the conventional seat-belt setup which latches to the inside the the car.

5. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Being so deep in the car, and having windows the size of Countach / Diablo / Murcie .... i dont know if being thrown out of the window would be an issue. Maybe?

6. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The countach had outside mounted belts. Diablo and Murcielago are center mounted.

A shoulder belt is designed for one thing only. To stop you from going forward into the steering wheel or through the windshield. It offers no slide out protection. So it makes no difference if the belt is over your left or right shoulder. That's why they have 5-point belts for race cars. :)

7. Napolis

Napolis Formula 3
    Honorary

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Plus roll bars/cages and window nets. You really don't want to have a bad shunt in ANY sports car.

8. Ricambi America

Dec 7, 2003
    Winston Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    348 belts are also from the center.

(my little contribution to the thread....)