Resale on Gallardo 1 year out? | LamborghiniChat
News

Resale on Gallardo 1 year out?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by G-force, Jan 31, 2004.

1. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Does anyone know what kind of lease residual % is
    on a say a 3 year lease?
    This might be a way to determine what level people in the biz think the car will depreciate to?

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    How many years did it take for a Diablo to lose 50% of its value?

How many years did it take for a 550 to lose half of its value?

I would guess the Gallardo will lose value faster because we have new Viper, Ford GT, New 360, and used Murci's will compete in this price range once they get some miles on them. Lots more competition these days. It'll be interesting to see how anything holds its value in the next 5 years.

I saw a 360 spider for $180k "asking price" because it had 8,000k miles.
    360's will pull the exotic market down also. There will be all kinds of 360's at $100k as the warranties fall away.

Because of the name bullcrap "Ferraris" will always sell for a bit more then Lambos. So.....I would guess 5 years till you can get a 2004 Gallardo with some miles on it at $80k. Also, the first year will have the worst value because Lambo will make updates.

3. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    [
    Yeh: And all the buyers who are paying $25K over MRSP are in for a rude awaking when they try to sell or trade especially if they borrowed money to buy the car!

QUOTE=Mark(study)]How many years did it take for a Diablo to lose 50% of its value?

How many years did it take for a 550 to lose half of its value?

I would guess the Gallardo will lose value faster because we have new Viper, Ford GT, New 360, and used Murci's will compete in this price range once they get some miles on them. Lots more competition these days. It'll be interesting to see how anything holds its value in the next 5 years.

I saw a 360 spider for $180k "asking price" because it had 8,000k miles.
    360's will pull the exotic market down also. There will be all kinds of 360's at $100k as the warranties fall away.

Because of the name bullcrap "Ferraris" will always sell for a bit more then Lambos. So.....I would guess 5 years till you can get a 2004 Gallardo with some miles on it at $80k. Also, the first year will have the worst value because Lambo will make updates.[/QUOTE]

4. KMS

KMS Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    That's the case for just about anyone who pays over sticker for the first year of anything. When I went in to buy an E46 M3 they had 10k on to it. The salesman tried to convince me the car was rare and desireable. My reply? "Yeah, for about 8 months, then they'll be everywhere and I'll be out 10k plus." This was two years ago. My buddy just bought an absolutely loaded SMG M3 out of New Hampshire (and shipped to So Cal)for a few hundred over invoice, around 53k I believe. They wanted close to 70k for a similarly equipped car at Santa Monica BMW. Punks. I wonder how all those suckers feel now?

5. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

Years ago an acquaintence of mine's father paid north of $30k to have one of the first Miatas in St. Louis (1989?). He parked it on blocks in his garage with no miles because he thought they would only make it for a couple of years and it would be highly collectible. A fool and his money...

Anyway, as far as how much time it takes until the Gallardo is 50% of new MSRP, is that wholesale or retail? You could say that a Jalpa, with an original MSRP of about $60k that now sells for $30k has just now reached its 50% depreciation point, 18 years later.

Not to get off the subject, but considering that Lambo is no longer really an Italian company in many ways, will the current offerings be viewed as less desirable by the hardcore Lambotisti? For me personally, the Audi engineering backing would make the Murci and Lardo no less desirable than earlier cars. Their reliablity and sound engineering should only be improved over a Diablo, for example.