PPI in New Jersey | LamborghiniChat
News

PPI in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by FL 355, Sep 28, 2004.

1. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I'm looking for an entry level Lambo (keeping my spider).

Found a blk/blk 92 for $98K at Interstate Motorsport.

1. Can I get a name for a PPI in the NJ area?

2. Can someone give any feedback on Insterstate?

Thanks
    Frank

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    FRANK

YOU HAVE AN EMAIL, BUDDY

BRUCE

3. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Check to see; if the chain tensioner has been updated. That is very important. Clutch / Clutch / and Clutch. Some people do not know how to drive the car. The clutch can last, if driven correctly. The 91/92/93 cars are "the" bargain Supercars. It is also amongst the fastest Diablo's. Good Luck.

4. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Woods
    Classic Coach in Elizabeth NJ or Bergen County Lamborghini in Lodi NJ. They are both owned by the same person but they do a hell of a job. They will tell you EVERYTHING! Let me know if you would like the phone numbers.

5. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Thanks everyone...

Yes, clutch is new...

Dealer seems "iffy"....reluctant to provide more interior photos. I also asked for a car fax or VIN and am waiting for him to answer. Might be a consignment car and not on his lot...?

If anyone is in the biz...I'm looking for a 92 up for around $100K...cash transaction...

Thanks again,
    Frank

6. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    BROTHER BRUCE - NO MAIL. HIT ME AT FKL@LAKER.NET

THE DEALER STILL HAS NOT GIVEN ME VIN OR CAR FAX...THINK I'M GOING TO KILL THE DEAL WITH THIS GUYAND KEEP ON LOOKING...

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    FRANK, THAT LINK DOESNT WORK, CALL ME AT THE OFFICE AFTER 9.30 AM TODAY, 888 882 6965, AND WE WILL TALK

BRUCE

8. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    For 100k, you can find a beautiful 92 or 93. I knew of a 5k miles 94 for 110k. I can check into it if you are interested. A.J.

9. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    AJ - Please do....

The guy in NJ still has not answered my requests so he's history.

I also contacted Exotic Cars in Ft Laud...Vince there posts time to time on FChat and they have their feelers out...

BRUCE WILL CALL YOU TODAY...(THUR)

10. Sean F.

Sean F. Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Interstate Motorsports..are then in Trenton and is the dealer Steve?

11. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Sean...Yes...Steve has not answered me yet.

12. Sean F.

Sean F. Formula Junior

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Sorry I did not reply sooner.

If you send him and e-mail you will likely not get a response. I bought my '77 308GTB from them and he never answered my e-mails, but he always answered my phone calls.

I don't think he watched the e-mails too much. When I picked up my car he must have gotten about 20-phone calls about other cars he was selling.

He is a legitimate business and an OK dealer. He is a bit of a 'salesmen' if you know what I mean but he did treak me pretty good. When I went to get my car, the clutch cable broke just as I was going to test drive it. He took off in a turbo Carrera to Algar 60-minutes away to get a new one so a local shop that PPI'd my car could put it on so he did what he had too to close the deal so to speak. I'd buy from him again but I would probably find a different shop to do the PPI.

He told me he was "familiar" with the shop I wanted to use, but in retrospect, he obviously knew them well and they knew him. He knew all there names, and knew where to go in the back of the shop to get a coke out of the fridge. Sort of fox and chicken coop kind of thing - well maybe a baby fox.

Not that the shop was dishonest, far from it. They did a lot of work to get the car ready for me in a few days. New water pump and clutch - and it was running on 4cyl when he brought it over to them and it was all fixed, tuned and running on 8 when I picked it up (I did pay for the clutch and WP b/c I drove it home to KC).

I did get him to fax me a contract and he added that the sale was dependant on satisfactory compression/leakdown readings for the car and he also sent me a copy of the title.

It worked out find in the end and I was happy, but like anyone else will tell you, cover you bases (as I did) and you'll be OK in the end.

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Frank, are you still looking?