OH MY GOD!!!!!! ROY TOOK MY PERSONAL CHECK!!!!!!! | LamborghiniChat
News

OH MY GOD!!!!!! ROY TOOK MY PERSONAL CHECK!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by jess, Mar 17, 2006.

1. jess

jess Karting

Aug 8, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jess
    Here is the story.

Jess: Roy, thank you for looking out for me, finally got my dream color.

Roy: You wellcome buddy, enjoy it with good health.

Jess: Ok, how are we gonna do the transactions???

Roy: Just sent me the check.

Jess: Ok, I'm going to the bank to get the cashire check ready.

Roy: Norrrrrr!!! Jess, your personal check is fine. BTW, go to your local dealer get a oil change, on me.

I have never seen this guy before, is he nuts, the business is about the trust, I like the way you handle your busniness, Roy.

2. MrScarface

MrScarface Karting
    BANNED

Aug 8, 2005
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Adam
    He takes personal checks? Oh, I thought I needed actual money to buy a Lambo.

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    IF you cant trust THE MAN you are buying a ONE of A KIND car from, well HELL who can you trust!!!!!!!

I WILL NEVER SCREW ANYONE PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Jess have fun with your new ride.........GREAT COLOR.

I am glad you love it.......took us a while but we found it for you!

NEXT!!!!!!!

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Will
    I have a Nigerian money order for eleventeen million dollars that I haven't signed yet, I wonder if he'd take that?

5. noahlh

noahlh Karting

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I remember the days when I took personal checks too....I was raised to believe that when you buy something, you pay for it. If you don't have the money then, well, you don't get the toys.

Unfortunately my good will has bitten me in the butt too many times this year -- I've had no fewer than 3 "good" customers bounce checks on me. In at least one case, the guy didn't have even remotely close to the amount he wrote me for in his account.

I still cannot fathom how people can take goods/services from another person and just flat out not pay for them. Amazing.

Roy, you're a good and trusting man, and I hope your good will shines back on you and keeps the scumbags away.

nlh

6. Korr

Korr Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Stew D Baker

SE #34?

:D :D :D :D

7. Spasso

Spasso Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I don't know if he is nuts but he's one of the funniest guys I've met. His Murcie conked out on the first day of our 3 day drive last summer and he still managed to show up at the hotel later that night, clear on the other side of the state, with a black Countach and a comely co-pilot.

I will not hesitate to go to him for a TR when the time comes.

8. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Must be contagious. My company was started by my GREAT grandfather in 1902 and this year (2006) was the first year that we had to hire a collection agency to go after some delinquent accounts (ie scumbags)...very sad...

I hear nothing but great things about Roy....when the time comes I will be sending him a personal check and you can guarantee it will not bounce.

9. Alxlee

Alxlee Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    You're kidding me? From your profile your company is a funeral home...people actually bounced checks for a funeral?!

10. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not only bounced checks but just plain out walked on a bill....try to repo that. Must be something in the water...it used to be that we would tell the family that we expected payment in 30 days and we got it 99.99 percent of the time. Now we are at the end of our rope on the "easy credit". Too many people taking advantage and WAY too many people that we have carried for 90, 120, 150 days on a bill over $10,000.00

Makes paying MY bills that much harder...then I have to listen to everyone complain about how expensive funerals are. I actually had a daughter of a deceased woman who owes me over $6000.00 tell me today that she got her mom's insurance money and decided to use it to pay off her credit cards and didn't have anything left over to pay me...her file is going to American Profit Recovery on Monday and I will sue her if I have to.

That is what makes hearing a story about Roy taking a personal check that much more special...restores my faith in humanity a little :)

11. ^@#&

^@#& Karting
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    What about just digging up the body and putting it in her dining room :D :D.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about roy. In 10 yrs or so, I will call Roy and ask him to find me a Yellow 1998 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster..

12. Dino Martini

Dino Martini Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I have seen a few bounced cheques. The NSF charge at one of the banks here is $34.. Good luck with the car :)

13. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    When I had rental properties, it was not uncommon to have 10% of the people bounce their rent checks.

14. Javelin276

Javelin276 Rookie

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    When I write my check to Roy in a few years, you can bet mine won't bounce either! I haven't bounced a check in 20 years, except for the one my WIFE caused, and I stopped THAT immediately.

So far with my artwork over the last year, I haven't even had one person who's bounced a check, and most of my customers are FChat people. That says a lot for the people on this forum. My hat is off to you guys!

Thor
    www.JavelinArt.com

15. Kds

Kds Karting

I've had one bounced cheque in 18 years of car sales............and that one was a deliberate fraud. If I don't know you or you don't come with references....I no takee chequee....otherwise....no problem.....having said that I lien all my inventory that I own so just in case......a tow truck is just a call away.

16. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    You are 100% right.. I get 2-3 bounced checks per month from rentals. Major pain in the ass. What I dont understand it why people dont have any interest in protecting their reputation or dont get embarassed by this.

I had a tenant leave a few months ago and in his file were over 30 bounced check receipts. Eventually, they all pay up - I've never had to go to a collection agency. But its a major pain in the ass....

Ernesto

17. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Most I'm sure did not know their check account balance...write the check and hope it clears. At least it gets the landlord off their back for 3-4 days.I did not have to use a collection agency either. Only 1 eviction in 15 years.

18. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    A little bit OT here,

Back in summer '91 in LA when my friend just moved in from Oregon to LA and was looking to buy a car in the $20-$25k range. I drove him around dealers for a couple of days and he finally decided to buy a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 (nice performance car that not many people know).

We went to a Mitsu dealer, bargain for about 30 minutes and then it is a deal. He wrote his personal check for IIRC about $22k. We asked the salesperson when should we come back to pick up the car. He said "Just take it now". It was already 6.30 pm and the bank was already closed. We were quite stunned and said it is OK for us to pick it up tomorrow. He said he trusted us and gave us the keys.

I'm still amazed that somebody believed two 18 year old Asian International Students personal checks and just give the keys. It is only $22k not Roy's $200k deal but still pretty amazing.

That was the best car buying experience for me. And the VR-4 is awesome, esp. in twisty Mulholland.

19. Perfusion

Perfusion Karting

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I wish that I were in Lambo-territory with my disposable income, because reading thread after thread like this makes me actually WANT to give Roy money, just because I know that there's no way it could go south... Piece of mind is so important to me, it's not even funny.

<Sigh>...one day, Roy....one day.

20. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Karting

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    You and me both, man. You and me both.

21. TG

TG Karting

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor Good
    Roy is the man, but we gotta see pictures!!!

22. rush109

rush109 Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Josh McRae
    agreed