Non-anniversary 1989 ? | LamborghiniChat
News

Non-anniversary 1989 ?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by davenichols, May 21, 2018.

1. davenichols

davenichols Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Can anyone confirm the number of "non-anniversary" 1989 cars were built? I have heard 7, and I have also heard 9 (before anyone jumps all over me, thats only what I HAVE HEARD, and am not saying those numbers are factual).
    I know of one of these cars, and am trying to determine it rarity. Thanks in advance for the info.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have never seen such an animal. From what a gather..they started with production of the anni car somewhere mid 1988 for the 89 production year. I have seen very late 1990 productin which would make the car a 1991.

3. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Recently just sold the LAST 5000S QV Countach sold in the USA. KLA12424. I will have to check tomorrow but it was built August 1988. Not technically a 1989.

We also just purchased a VERY early 25th Anniversary produced in September of 1988.

4. geno berns

geno berns Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #4 geno berns, May 21, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2018
    John are you referring to the Pre Anni car’s that are the 88 1/2’s? They had only the Anni side skirts and Anni wheels but the rest of the body was like a regular none Anni cars. They are quite rare especially a DD variant. Good looking cars especially in off colors like a blue one I’ve seen pics off.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Indeed the last handful of 88.5 cars with the KLA VINs that I am aware of are really 1988 build cars, I think it's the KLA VINs that cause some people to refer them as 89s, from September 1988 onwards, it was indeed 25th Anniversario production

Geno I've known this Downdraft since it was delivered as a new car to Steve Downs in late 1987, and I can confirm that it was delivered with standard wheels as featured in the February 1988 issue of Performance Car magazine.

Then it was modified with 25th wheels for a number of years, and I'm pleased to say it has it's standard Countach wheels back on.

I think you are thinking of a number of 88.5 cars which have simply had 25th wheels substituted

6. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    So Zero, non-Anniv cars made in 1989 then?
    Yes, the 88.5 cars were without anniv rims.