Nice buy on this '94SE | LamborghiniChat
News

Nice buy on this '94SE

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 6.0 se, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
  2. Murcielago03

Murcielago03 Karting

Jul 5, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Shaan
    Are you pissed you didn't get it? Your right it is a good deal and a gorgeous car might I add

3. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    A.J. With so much "shill bidding" going on, and knowing a little about the owner of that car, I have my doubts about that sale really happening. Just an opinion. Perhaps someone did get lucky.

4. sk90077

sk90077 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    Ill take a Purple if it comes up. Low miles, extra clean etc..
    Please let me know

5. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    So would I. But I think I know of every US purple, and its wherabouts. No low mileage cars left. Most of the purple's are ragged out, or some idiot painted Dolphins on them. (Lassen)

6. Skyler

Skyler Karting

May 31, 2004
    Canada, Eh
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    - hahahah i've seen pics.. what a dummie

7. rifter

rifter Karting

Dec 14, 2003
    i don't like the pop up lights.

8. XJ220S

XJ220S Rookie

Feb 2, 2004

What's this fascination with low milege? Why should someone pay 250K plus and only drive 1000-2000 miles in order to please the next buyer down the line who is going to pay 100K+ less than what the original owner paid for it.

Although I agree with you that dolphins are not a popular choice on any car let alone a limted edition Diablo, calling the painter an "idiot" let alone your general comment of most cars being ragged out is a bit biased for a "moderator".

Some might have the same opinion about a yellow Countach with yellow and black wheels with Brown interior, or the extremely unpopular gold or brown anniversary 6.0 Diablo SEs, which dealers had a hard time selling even after production of the 6.0 was terminated.

I believe you should take it a bit easy on forcing your forceful "opinions" on others. This is just a discussion board and everyone can live without it. You should take it easy with your cyberspace status.

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    First of all, moderators are human and can have opinions. If you are not familiar with the rules of the forum, please look them up in the general discussion area. A member cannot attack personally another member. AJ did no such thing by calling the painter "idiot." That is his opinion, and he is entitled to it.

As far as his comments on purple cars being ragged on, trust me if anyone knows, AJ would know. He doesn't make comments without actually knowing the facts behind them.

He has never forced his opinion on anybody. AJ has been not only a great asset to the community, but he has been a tremendous help to new and existing members. If you read through the forums, you will see how many people ask AJ for help. For lack of a better word, he is the Lambo guru around, and is always willing to help, whether someone is a noob or has been here for a while. His wisdom is priceless, and the fact that he doesn't quote #s from magazine but actually shares his experience from true ownership, makes him very valuable.

Lastly, he doesn't abuse his cyberspace status like you are suggesting. AJ is very helpful and provides help when asked. He is one of the kindest and most knowledgeable guys on this board. People in his position can be arrogant, mean, and condescending to other members. AJ has never exhibited any of those qualities. He has been nothing but an upstanding member of this community, who carries himself with tremendous class and elegance. AJ has not changed since he has become a moderator. For you to suggest otherwise, shows a lack of understanding and appreciation for his posts, IMHO.

I find your comments not only insensitive but rather offensive and baseless.

10. darth550

darth550 Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    With Stu
    Full Name:
    St Mark
    Ryan,

How can you trust anything that bleeds for three days but doesn't die?

DL

11. Kds

Kds Karting

I think that the "idiot" comment concerning Lassen and his painting of the Diablo was extraordinarily generous.......if you ask me or other exotic car enthusiasts. Did we not do a poll on this before at some point ?

Unless of course.........you happen to have one of his "pieces" hanging on your wall.........or in "your" garage......heh. Then the comment could be redirected.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    I "hope" to hijack this thread.

Oh what a fun time "we" had yesterday. For once, the F crowd was outnumbered on two occassions !!!!!! LOL

We went on a little fun run.

What were the cars ?

1992 Blue Sera /Tan 512TR
    1994 Red/Tan SE 30
    1999 Ti/Gray/Blk Roadster
    1999 Monterrey Blue/Tan VT

After the very tiring run, we headed over to the Italian festival. What was there ? A beautiful black 355B - 6 speed. With a beatiful driver !!! BUT - The re's were still outnumbered 3 to 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Xj220S,

My experience with Lamborghinis and exotics is pretty in depth you can ask many on this board, and i can say that getting a low mileage car is so much better than buying a high miles one.

I actually am familiar with most every Diablo SE.

I know your purple Diablo SE, you bought it from Symbolic, i went to look at that car, it is not a show car, its a nice car, but not a show car. It doesnt make it a bad car whatsoever...but why not spend more into a car that is low miles and you know where it has been. This is my opinion, and AJ is entitled to his. I agree with AJ that i would want a low mile car, BUT i dont agree with AJ on other things. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, EVEN if they are a moderator, you are mad because AJ said that many of the purple SEs are high mileage cars, and he is right...

-jt

14. Evolved

Evolved Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA

A guy up the hill from me has a purple one and I don't think it's ever been driven. It was in a plastic bubble in his garge last I heard

15. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Well, you said alot, but actually nothing. Yes, I love low mileage cars. If you dont, so what. Yes, I think the guy who painted the Dolphins on the 94se is an idiot. If you don't, that's great. From factual info, MOST of the U.S. purple SE's are higher mileage cars, and many ragged out. If you think otherwise, you probably have not personally viewed many of them. I could care less what your opinion of my 88.5 Countach is, or your opinion about 6.0SE's. If you did a little research before spouting off about me "forcing my opinions" on people on this site, you would again see that you are speaking without good info. But you are entitled to your opinions, like any other member. Have a nice day.

ps I tempered my response because I am a moderator. A month ago you would have got a much more "intense" response.

16. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

17. warrenn

warrenn Karting

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    XJ, I think maybe you were having a bad day when you posted this? It didn't seem like AJ was making any negative comments on higher mileage cars, he just stated that many of the purple Diablos had high miles on them. And he inferred that he didn't want a high mileage car for himself. Regarding the comment of the cars being "ragged out", if AJ did look at the cars himself, what is so bad with commenting on the state of the car, if indeed the cars were not in the best condition. If anything, its one persons review of the car. A person who is highly knowledgable about lambos.

J's post didn't seem to warrant the negative comment, in my opinion at least.

BTW, do you drive your XJ220 around pasadena a lot?

18. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

19. XJ220S

XJ220S Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, EVEN if they are a moderator, you are mad because AJ said that many of the purple SEs are high mileage cars, and he is right...

-jt[/QUOTE]

A message board conversation does not make me "mad". A 10 year old car with 12K miles does not make it a high mileage car. One of our board members is selling a yellow 3 year old 6.0 with 8K miles. It's all a personal comfort level. But to generalize every purple SE and call them ragged out, does make it an uneducated and hasty comment. That's why AJ doesn't have to participte in responding to every post. However if someone like AJ who feels he has the urge to comment, then I suggest he press preview post, take a deep breath and re-read to see if he is posting something factual or a personal opinion. If a personal opinion, by the same token be able to accept constructive criticism and or opposing point of views.

20. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

Thanks.

I knew that story.

I "hate" the power steering. B4, I was supposed to purchase Ben's yellow car. I "assumed" the SE 30 did not have p.s. I never test drove the car !! It is ok. Do not forget. I came from a C/T. That thing is a brute. But above 130 !!!!! The steering is so sweet (The Countach steering) !!!!!!

21. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    you were way to gentle aj...but then again, that is why you are moderator and i am not!!!

22. SupercarFreak

SupercarFreak Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Alex S.
    I took pictures of #007 at the dealership in Maryland.
    Actually, it looks like the odometer reads 770 km. Which means the car had more like 477 miles instead of 600.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=1&id=4290861501&start=1

if you aren't registered:
    username: guestscf
    password: guestscf

23. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    "A message board conversation does not make me "mad". A 10 year old car with 12K miles does not make it a high mileage car. One of our board members is selling a yellow 3 year old 6.0 with 8K miles. It's all a personal comfort level. But to generalize every purple SE and call them ragged out, does make it an uneducated and hasty comment. That's why AJ doesn't have to participte in responding to every post. However if someone like AJ who feels he has the urge to comment, then I suggest he press preview post, take a deep breath and re-read to see if he is posting something factual or a personal opinion. If a personal opinion, by the same token be able to accept constructive criticism and or opposing point of views.[/QUOTE]"

What makes you think you know mw? I don't know you. "Someone like A.J."?? Have we met? And I didn't say ALL were ragged out. Reread my post.Again, what I am looking for in a car that I am going to purchase is my business. I did not ask for a debate about low mileage/high mileage cars. Don't know what your problem is, and frankly could care less. Doesn't appear you are getting much confirmation of agreement of your comments. Why? Because I have actually assisted members on this board find cars, help inspect them, and answered each and every question directed to me. You can make a point about the fact that you don't think the majority of purple SE's are ragged out, without personally attacking, can't you? Oh well, guess the thread I started here has outlived its benefit. Since I started the thread, I will close it.

24. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You guys have to chill. Just because AJ made one small comment about a Diablo dosn't mean you guys can go ahead and start to fight over it because you found a reason to make him look bad as a moderator.