New Pocher 1:8 scale Aventador | LamborghiniChat
News

New Pocher 1:8 scale Aventador

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by tcannon, Jan 31, 2013.

1. tcannon

tcannon Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Hello all, I know that this is already posted in the model section but I just thought that it should also be posted here as well. For those of you who are not familiar with Pocher models, they were a company that made huge 1:8 scale car model kits up until the '90's when they went out of business. Some of the last kits they made were of a Ferrari Testarossa and F40 with metal diecast bodies. Well, a company is bringing back the Pocher name and have just released information that their first model diecast kit will be a 1:8 scale Lamborghini Aventador! The detail looks amazing! No price or availability at this time but it is very exciting. Here is a video clip showing the new kit. Great stuff!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtqTO67skOg&feature=player_embedded]Pocher Model kits 1:8 - Lamborghini Aventador - YouTube[/ame]

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    looks Amazing! hope it does not cost more than the 1:1 LP700... :)

3. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Almost Pocher was I hope now is known for high quality high priced fun to build and display units. So yes high price but OH so worth it!!!! I saw the toy fair release L@@ks like a good build. Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair is the ONLY reason to go to Nürnberg in February. I used to go every year when I was in the R/C business, its truly a hoot.. Yeah I am a kid at heart, however toys are BIG business. The train pavilion alone will shock and amaze you.

4. tcannon

tcannon Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    I am going to guess that the price will be around $600 to $800. I may be way off but I can't imagine the price being in the $1200 range unless they don't really plan on selling many of them. We will see.

5. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think some of their kits are around $1500

6. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #6 TwiceBaked, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Think in the 2K to 3K range OR MORE.. Its not your ordinary toy car its a Pocher.

Will take you quite some time to build as well because your building the car as all the Lamborghini parts dictate!

Motor bay real or pocher?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #7 Jalpa_Mike, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Yeah, the Pocher models are amazing. I still have the Alfa Romeo Spider Touring Gran Sport (Kit K73) that I haven't finished!!!

I wish they'd do a 1:8 scale of the Countach! :)

Mike

8. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    2-3k wouldn't suprise me. They are impressive. The other kits I've seen always just seemed too toy-like, although very detailed. Maybe I'm just odd that way, lol
    I honestly don't know much about the Pocher models. Are they pretty much all prepainted & just need assembly?

9. tcannon

tcannon Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Yes, the parts and boy are prepainted. Although there is room for more detail. There are some people (including an FChat member here) who have made a business out of providing detail upgrade kits for Pocher models. In the late '80's, the Ferrari Testarossa kits were selling for $349. From what I can see, the detail on the new Lambo appears to be a higher level than the Pocher Ferrari kits. While it will not surprise me if the price is between $2K to $3K, I am just trying to be hopeful that the price is lower. The main reason that I am guessing a lower price (maybe around $1K?) is the total parts quantity. The number of parts is stated to be around 600. I have many Pocher kits including the older kits which have many times more parts. Either way, I can't wait for a chance to get one of these new kits. ;)

10. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Has diecast technology advanced enough to where panel gaps/shut lines aren't credit card sized?

11. Jasperlambo

Jasperlambo Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    #11 Jasperlambo, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    I built the F40 years ago. That kit was amazingly bad detailed for an 1:8 model.

Only a very high detail level would rectify a price of 3K imo
    If not, they will kill themselves as a company soon again...

btw, I like the way the hoods close in that video :)

12. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not my text, copied from a member of modeling forum. Thought it was interesting though...

" I built the PocherF40,theBugatti,and about half of an Alfa Monza before givingup on that one. The classic kits are like building a real car. Some have over 2000 parts. There are a lot of metal stampings and screws, things don't fit well and often need to be completely engineered to fit together. But when (if)you finish, you end up with a remarkable model.

The "prestige" kits started with the F-40 then Testarossa, and Porsche. They have a pre-painted diecast body and about 500 injected plastic parts. The engineering is much better but the models lack the detail of the early kits. Most people found the Porsche especially disappointing. Autograph did a great transkit for the F-40 that goes for about $1700. If the Aventador is priced at something reasonable and has nice details maybe someone will make aftermarket items for it too. The real beauty of these cars are in their massive engines but they reside so deep in the beast that they are difficult to see even in 1/8th."

13. tcannon

tcannon Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    This is why you get an engine only kit as a nice display next to the car. ;) They offered engine kits for the Testarossa and F40. I am hoping they do the same for the Lambo. Not sure if this info is correct or not but someone posted in the model section that the Lambo will be available late 2013 and should be priced around $850. We will see.

14. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

I have the Fiat version, still in the box. I'm with you on the Countach model, that would be something.

15. bradyward

bradyward Rookie

Nov 7, 2007
    NH
    Full Name:
    Brady Ward
    Not sure if you're talking about me, I don't get on here much.

Here's some real info in any case: the official US targeted price for the Pocher Aventador kit is $850. Hornby seems to be a much smarter company than previous Pocher parent companies. They have extensive modern manufacturing experience in China, which should keep the price realistic and the quality high. There won't be a lot of discounting as production will be based largely on pre-orders with an added percentage. The example in the official video is probably closer to a manufacturing prototype than a handbuilt model, and shows much better fit than any previous Pocher kit. I've heard good and bad about the finish of the one at the Nuremberg Toy Fair (that will not be present in NYC AFAIK), but it's not a finished example in any case.

Much more info on my website, but I don't want to turn this into a sales pitch, just a source for accurate info. I'm also happy to answer any other questions, I have a direct line to Pocher-Hornby for real info.

16. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    I placed my pre order with you this week good to know you are a member of the forum. Always wanted a pocher to build hope to enjoy it

17. tcannon

tcannon Rookie

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Hello, I was actually talking about Stephane Pedaggi (ScaleDetails). He has been on the board off and on for a while. I can see by your post count that you are a new member so welcome! Thanks for the model info. ;)

18. bradyward

bradyward Rookie

Nov 7, 2007
    NH
    Full Name:
    Brady Ward
    Thanks for your order, and it should be a very enjoyable build.

Thanks, and you're welcome! I know Stephane as well, but had forgotten I registered here a long time ago until a customer pointed me toward this discussion. I'll be happy to provide any info I can. There are conflicting reports of production numbers, price and delivery schedule, all from official sources. If it arrives earlier, cheaper, and more plentiful than expected we will all be happy, but I tend to err on the conservative side.