New Guy Says Hi and asks questions. | LamborghiniChat
News

New Guy Says Hi and asks questions.

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by tomburns, Apr 13, 2005.

1. tomburns

tomburns Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tom Burns
    Hi all,

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to do anything Lamo! I'm looking for a Countach, and could hardly find any for sale, couldn't find a newsgroup (alt.autos.lamborghini doesn't show from my ISP). FINALLY a guy from the BMW ng pointed me here.

So, down to business. I've done some research and think I'm looking for a 500 QV or Anniversary. But since I am constrained by possible divorce action and budget (all spouse imposed) (-;, I'm open to suggestions about which year/model might be good bang for the buck.

I'd also be interested in what I should be looking for, things to watch out for, and sources to purchase from.

I've got an 87 BMW M3 track car, as well as a 2003 M5 which I just love. I'd appreciate comments on how the driving experience of the Lambo would compare to the M5.

Thanks to all who take the time to respond. Looking forward to "joining the club".

2. Kds

Kds Karting

Want my advice Tom ?

I hope that you are not planning to buy the car until you have the decree nisi..........and that your soon to be ex doesn't get wind of it before you have an iron clad and totally finalized divorce.

You need to be parking your assets right now............not purchasing them and flaunting your soon to be singledom in her face........no matter how much you may just want to do that.

3. tomburns

tomburns Rookie

Apr 13, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Tom Burns

4. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Welcome to the group! At times this is the area that is most lively.

5. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Try to find a carb'd QV- pretty rare stateside, but wow! And, given the incremental premium over an injected car, it will pay dividends, both while driving, and when you sell, if you keep it for any length of time.
    There are some good folks here that might steer you in the right direction.

I don't know how you could compare a twelve cyl. mid-engined Lambo to an M5; have you ever driven any of these supercars? It's a far more extreme experience in almost every respect, and will make you realize on the one hand, how compromised a car like the M5 is, and on the other, why that is so necessary to make it useable. (Unless, like Ralph and a few other masochists here, you can regard the C/T as something close to a daily driver).
    I agree that Lambo info is much harder to come by than that ***hmm ,cough, "other brand," but it's worth the pursuit. Welcome.

6. Kds

Kds Karting

LOL.....!! Sometimes you just never know.....heh.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    A good customer of mine is looking to sell his. I'm not making any money on the deal. But if you would like I can put you intouch with him. The car will not be a cheap buy, because it is in really nice shape. It does need a few little things (all of them do). I'm going to be picking up the car on Saterday from his house, and I'm going to put a few miles on it this weekend and may do a little work to it during the week..if I get the go ahead. Right now all I'm supposed to do is drive it. The car is white with black interior and it is an arizona car. Where abouts are you located. If you are indeed serious we could arrange a meeting place so you can view the car.

Tom