New electric Italian police Lambo on patrol at St. Peter's square, Vatican City! | LamborghiniChat
News

New electric Italian police Lambo on patrol at St. Peter's square, Vatican City!

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by alx355gt, Dec 26, 2004.

1. alx355gt

alx355gt Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #1 alx355gt, Dec 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What a great car! And it's a real Lambo! :D:D:D;););)

Italian police patrol St. Peter's square, in front of the Basilica, aboard the new Lamborghini Town Life electric cars, at the Vatican Friday, Dec. 24 2004. The cars were used for the first time Christmas eve to assure faster controls in the square which belongs to the Vatican but whose security is assured by the Italian police. The cars have a maximum speed between 30 and 40 km per hour (18 to 25 miles per hour) and a range of 80 kilometers (50 miles). (AP Photo/Alessandra Tarantino)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. morcal

morcal Rookie

Mar 7, 2003
    Turin,Italy
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Alexandre,
    a Lamborghini is not always... Lamborghini. As you may see from the side bar on the vehicle, it is made by Tonino Lamborghini, manufacturer of impressive tractors and special vehicles. If I am not wrong with my mind, also the glas protected vehicle used by the Pope ( the so called Pope-Mobil ) is made by Tonino Lamborghini on the base of a tractor. In fact before making cars the Lamborghini family ( headed by Mr. Ferruccio Lamborghini ) did produce agricultural vehicles in S. Agata Bolognese; just after a verbal exchange between hot blood Ferruccio and even hot blood Enzo Ferrari ( you will never be able to make a 12 cylinder engine... ) Ferruccio Lamborghini decided to develop own cars with 12 cylinder engines. So the legend on the birth of Lambo`s. After several splits and take-over now Lamborghini is part of Volkswagen ( actually Audi ) and the retired Lamborghini`s produce excellent wines ( Ferruccio ) and excellent tractors ( Tonino ).

3. alx355gt

alx355gt Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Yes, Morcal ;) I knew that story... as you can see in my signature... ;):)

I just thought it was a funny story and vehicle to post here :D Just like the Tonino Lamborghini Grimper, a little vineyard tractor... :D

Of course the Tonini firm isn't exactly the same as Lamborghini automobilia (they even have separate websites) but it's still family of the sportscars... :)

However, I didn't know they also made the Pope-mobile... intresting!

How are you BTW? Everything fine with the Dino? :)

4. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    ABC World News also had a story Xmas eve about Lambo giving the Italian police a Gallardo... needed to control high speeds on highways.. talked about running down PCars and FCars. Anybody else catch it?

5. alx355gt

alx355gt Rookie

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Yes, heard that story some time ago around May... Lamborghini Automobilia gave it as a present for the State Police anniversary... The car will be used in Southern Italy for emergency operations on the highway...
    Very special car!

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2004/cars/lamborghini/05/police_gallardo.html

6. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yes, i don't think i've managed to find a car/news website without that story. :)

didn't it recently have it's lugnuts flogged at a service station by some ratbag kids, and then a wheel fall off as the cops drove away? :D