new e gear software | LamborghiniChat
News

new e gear software

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by newfer, Sep 21, 2004.

1. newfer

newfer Rookie

Jun 3, 2004
    I have just installed the newest e gear software. Now the take off is much better, but in stop and go traffic, at low speeds the car is very jerky, lurching. Has anyone faced this problem? Also when the gears shift down, there is an increase of the rpm and a lag before the gears shift down. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I don't know which version you have but mine is smooth as silk
    no jerky motion. They changed 3 or 4 computers not just a software upgrade. Call Ken McKay Lamborghini USA give him the last 3 digits of
    your serial number and tell him you want the same E-Gear set-up Wayne Skiles has in #649. 781 788-0600

3. CitationX

CitationX Rookie

Mar 14, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    JAY
    Both my e-gear Murcie and 360F1 lurches if you don't have a steady foot. I guess different drivers would adapt to the e-gear/F1 differently. I "learned" to avoid its inadequacies. At stop and go traffic, I would just make sure that my throttle input is gentle enough for the clutch to bite, then gas in steadily. Avoid any modulation on the gas peddle. Just like the stick shift, you still have to learn to drive an F1 properly.

Jay

4. newfer

newfer Rookie

Jun 3, 2004
    Thanks for the info. I live in the far east, so Lambo US may not help. As far as I know , my sofware has been upgraded twice. Are the computers changed worldwide? My delivery date was Feb. 04.

5. newfer

newfer Rookie

Jun 3, 2004
    Dear Jay,
    Thanks for the input.It was just that before the Software upgrade, it did not lurch at slow speeds. It only lurched upon take off. After the upgrade, it seems too sensitive!