My new Diablo | LamborghiniChat
News

My new Diablo

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Jay, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #1 Jay, Dec 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. FL 355

FL 355 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Way Cool Jay -

See my post above... any specific issues to focus on during PPI besides clutch, head gasket and electronics?

3. Wildwarrior

Wildwarrior Karting

Mar 26, 2003
    PA
    Full Name:
    Glen Winters
    Very nice looks sweet in black congratulations! I know your going to love her!

4. Joe G.

Joe G. Karting
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    congrats Jay

may I ask what did you pay for it ?
    you can PM me

I'm very very curious

5. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Congratulations Jay

Enjoy your sweet ride.

6. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas P
    beautiful car....
    love your choice of color.
    hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as i got out of mine.

7. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thanks for the positive comments guys. I'll post more pics when it arrives. Can't wait!!
    Only problem with buying this time of year is that I live in the snow belt and can't drive it for the next 4 months or so.

8. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Congrats! Looks mean.

9. Cicero

Cicero Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    every time I see that car in black I wonder how you could want anything else. that is just sinister and mean looking.

10. kito

kito Rookie

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Keith
    You don't have problems fitting in the car? You seem to be tall from the pictures and my concern would be hitting my head on the roof.

Congrats on the car

-Keith-

11. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel Karting

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Congrats Jay - she's a beauty.....
    Good luck with her...

Please take me for a ride when I'm in the naighbourhood LOL I live in Norway, so please do not stand by the window and look for me ;)

Paul

12. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Yes I'm tall at a tad over 6'5" but no problem with head room. Leg room is tight obviously but not uncomfortable.

Thanks again everyone for the feedback. Hopefully I can meet up with a bunch of you guys this summer.

13. fezza

fezza Rookie

Nov 23, 2004
    North East - UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Awesome ... Nuf Said M8.

14. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Jay, the car looks like a beast. May sure you join the EC Crew (a.k.a. the New York Tri State Forum) for our runs. Oh, and we don't stop because of a little white stuff! - :D

15. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    Congratulations,very beautiful car:D

6'5":eek: How far is yoru head from the roof? My dad is 6'3" and I remember he barely fit in his 328 GTS.

16. mannytranny

mannytranny Rookie

Dec 17, 2003
    nor cal
    Full Name:
    Brady Klopfer
    wow! that is sooo insanely beautiful!! it's good to know you can fit! A Diablo is one of my dream cars (yellow with black lettering and yellow and black interior SV to be exact), I am only 14, but my dad is 6'4" and my brother is 6'5"...it's good to know if I am ever lucky enough to own one I'll fit!
    again, congratulations with the car, simply stunning.

17. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    BTW Jay a Tubi system will make that car roar:D The very first time I heard a Tubi it was on a car identical to yours...I don't remember the guy wh owned it very well but he had the Lambo and a Ferrari. Was selling both to get a bigger house.

18. FerrariSlave

FerrariSlave Guest

Nov 14, 2003
    Chicago & Miami
    Looks good the wheel wells are filthy looks like some shabby detailing on there part. But nice car

19. MrApex

MrApex Karting

Jun 4, 2004
    Niagara Region
    Full Name:
    Andrew B.
    Amazing car! Sorry to hear you won't be able to enjoy it for a while...but just think, that first drive will be ever sweeter!

20. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    He may not be able to drive it for awhile but he can still sit in the garage and make vroom vroom sounds...I admit it, I did it:D

The first night I had my first Lambo I went out to my garage every hour or so just to look at it and see if the dream was still real....No BS!

21. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The car has a custom exhaust on it already but there seems to be some confusion as to whether it's a Borla or Burtoni box. I will be investigating as soon as it arrives. It sounds good whatever it is.

The pics were taken after I drove it like mad. Plus they purposely did not clean or detail the underside of the car before I arrived and I agreed with their reasons. :)

Luck has little to do with it. Work hard and keep focused on your goals. :)

22. wiz357

wiz357 Karting

Mar 30, 2004
    Sun Diego
    Full Name:
    Raymond
    Holy **** Jay. Congratulations!!! I'm very happy for you. If there is anyone I know that deserve a car like this, it would be you. Enjoy your car.

Raymond

23. Cajun

Cajun Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Congrats Jay!!!

It is encouraging to know that you fit! I sat in a 1999 Diablo when it was new and I was a couple of inches shorter and somewhat lighter than my present 6-3". I am not quite your height, so the dream is still alive.

One question: Did you buy your car from Don L. Leasing? I know that they had a blk/blk w/red piping '95 VT a couple of months back. If so, I would be curious to hear about your experience with them. I was thinking about a Lotus they had earlier this year, but decided to wait because I have heard mixed reviews.

Nice ride bro...

C

24. Jay

Jay Karting
    Owner

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wiz357 - Thanks man!

Cajun - I bought it from Lamborghini Ohio. The one at Don L. has red carpeting. Mine is black. At 6'3" you will have no problems.

25. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Welcome to the "Dark Side"!!! Your tight fit will not be noticed when you hit the "go pedal". Enjoy your new ride. Very nice car!