Murcielago clutch | LamborghiniChat
News

Murcielago clutch

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Art, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Art

Art Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    When I got a ride in a Murcielago, the driver was revving it up to 1500 RPM and then driving off (with the RPMs falling quickly as soon as the car started rolling) it sort of felt like the clutch was like an on/off, grabbing instantaneously. I didn't know if it was the clutch that made the car difficult to drive or maybe it was just the driver. So to those who own or have driven a Murcielago, is the clutch tricky? Is it hard to drive smoothly, does it suddenly just grab?
    Also, for people who have driven both, how is the clutch compare to the Diablo's clutch?

2. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    The clutch in the Murci is quite easy to drive. I can't really comment on how your friend drives without being in the car to feel and hear what is happening.

3. LetsJet

LetsJet Karting

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    It would depend on how he's driving it. If he just releases the clutch without feathering it should just grab.

4. Art

Art Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Funny story, he wasn't a friend, but actually had ran out of gas and I helped him out then got a ride in it. I guess he was just releasing the clutch to quickly and not smootly so he tried to compensate by just revving it more than he should have. I figured it shouldn't be that hard to drive. Just wanted to see if it was anything like the Carrera GT clutch.
    I was very surprised though to see how light the clutch pedal was in the Murcielago when I sat in the drivers seat and pushed the clutch in.