Murcielago 4 Sale | LamborghiniChat
News

Murcielago 4 Sale

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by dmii74, Jan 25, 2004.

1. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
  2. amenasce

amenasce Formula 3

Oct 17, 2001
    Paris / Chicago
    Full Name:
    Andrew Menasce
    perfect ad for the gangsta dealer..

3. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  4. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Yes, but doesnt it look like a good deal if the car is thoroughly checked out B4 purchase? Does anyone have any experience with the purchase of salvage vehicles? Allanlambo?

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    southeast
    Full Name:
    name
    no , hell no , run away. salvage vehicles in general i have no problem with but this one has a " known" bad history. if allanlambo says no, i would heed that as a good indication of not to mess with it.

6. rodsky

rodsky Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    General Ferrari Discussion is for Ferrari's. This is either off-topic or Other Italian

7. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont have any experience with purchasing them, but i do know that most dealers will not even take a salvage titled car in on trade. I good guide to the worth of a salvage title car is half of what rough black book indicates.

8. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Thanks. Still think it would B hard 2 go wrong if it was checked out and purchased 4 $160,000

9. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sounds like a great deal to me! Seriously, id take a look at it at $100,000.

10. MarkPDX

MarkPDX Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
  11. TZL

TZL Rookie

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
    If you win bid over reserve of $162,000.00 then it is yours.

Lol, $162k for a salvaged murc.....for $60 k more you could have a clean title Murc.

About 4 months ago, a family friend of mine was selling their 2003 Murc. with 3250 miles, they were getting a Bentley Conti GT (he's an older gentlemen, so the Lambo was too much car for him.) He said the dealers offered him $210k for the car, so he would sell it to me for the same if I wanted it. However i'm not yet in the market for a Murc., but if you can get a clean Murc. for $210k, i dunno why you would pay $162 for a salvage one ,that is only a 25% discount for the salvage title, when I think it should be at least 40-50% off.

Also the seller of that ebay car must be lying, they claim it was salvaged for $30k worth of damage, NO insurance company would write off a $280k car for only $30k, usually it takes at least 65-75% of the car's value before they would be willing to totally write it off.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Why purchase a Murcielago with issues for 160K, when you can purchase
    a cherry one-owner Diablo with documentation for less ?

13. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Really, the only Diablo that can keep up with a Murc would be a GT, and the cheapest ive found was $360,000.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo Formula 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sv can run with the Murci, so can the 6.0 .

15. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Oh. I did not know that. Maybe I should consider looking for a 6.0. Any suggestions.

16. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Actully allan, ive almost paid for mine, I bought it off my step dad. Are there any spoiler for the Murci? Any body kits?

17. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    I'd run and never look back at any exotic with a salvage title...I have seen a yellow Murcie with a wing and the car looked odd to me.

18. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Oh, I might put a wing my cousin made on mine. It looks stock and when the stock spoiler comes up it doesnt look all funky. If you see a green Murci in the Houston area with an aluminum wing, its me baby.

19. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    There seem to be tons of Lambos down there, I see several Diablos for sale everywhere and a few are from there. Which dealership is down there?

20. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I didnt buy mine in Houston, thats where she resides. It was delivered from San Francisco to Post Oak Motor Cars. Post Oak has a lot of exotics, or at least a lot of Ferraris. Is a Bentley/Rolls dealership.

21. wrecktech

wrecktech Karting

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

I rebuild totals and resell them. I usually get whatever the loan value is for the car. I specialize in Avengers and Sebrings and Explorers and those are not a ploblem to sell because the people buy them to drive and realize that after 5 years they will not be worth much regardless of title status. I do think that it is very different situation for an exotic. It all depends on who fixes it and how it is done. I have seen a lot of scarey repairs. A poor fix could make it just a parts car. I would guess that it would be worth whatever it could be parted out for and the fun you would have driving it in the meantime. The salvage or actually "rebuilt title" isn't as big a deal as the quality of the repair, at least from my viewpoint.