Murcie body style... | LamborghiniChat
News

Murcie body style...

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by weatherman1940, Apr 21, 2005.

1. weatherman1940

weatherman1940 Karting

Mar 18, 2005
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike Coffin
    is confusing me!!! After looking at dozens of pics, I wonder if there aren't some body differences between 2002 and all others. I see what looks like big scoops or vents on top of the rear fenders in 2002 pics, but have never seen this in 2003-2005? And NO...I haven't been smoking any funny stuff!

Thanks,

Mike

PS...I just looked at a 2003 and it had the same things...looks like they open and close. Here is a link to a 2003 Murcie that really shows these things...

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=168512&sessionkey={A229474A-91BD-46B4-BA65-D5E4ECFC1E9F}

2. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    They do open and close. It is a feature on all Murcielago's, regardless of model year. The intake "wings" are designed to open automatically when the engine bay temperature gets hot, and requires additional air cooling. When the car is stationary (or travelling less than 5mph) you can open them using a button in the cockpit, but above 5mph they close automatically (unless the temperature limit is exceeded, in which case they will remain open until the temperature lowers).

3. simon355

simon355 Karting

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Interesting that. The European Murcies allow the scoops to be raised manually below 40mph, then they go down after that automatically. Unless of course the engine requires cooling in which case they will go up and down at any speed.
    Lamborghini must set this speed (under which you can raise the scoops via the button on the dash,) according to the climate in a given country.