Most extreme Diablo? | LamborghiniChat
News

Most extreme Diablo?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Art, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Art

Art Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    What would you consider as being the most extreme Diablo, the SE30 JOTA or the Diablo GT? They seem very similar. The SE30 JOTA has around some more power but I don't know which one less weight. Just trying to get some more info about both models.

2. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    I would vote for the GT, and that's based on the exclusivity. Since they arent street legal in the USA, it seems the most extreme to me.

-Ben

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Ben -

I enjoyed your website. :)

I just sent you an email.

4. sk90077

sk90077 Karting

Jun 25, 2004
    GTR! Thats the car

5. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    Hey Jerry,

I didnt receive any emails from you....... ben at benevans.com is the best one to use.

-Ben

6. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I say the SE30 Jota, since only 11 or 12 were ever made in the world.......none street legal in the US.........

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks - I sent it to the slantback email.

I'll send another one this afternoon.

8. uthustler

uthustler Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Grapevine, Texas
    Full Name:
    TIP

can you make the GT street legal? Are there shops that do this?

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    From the factory, I say the GT. There's this aftermarket bodied Diablo in Mexico (I think) that looks very strange and ugly imo.

I think in Florida the cops wouldn't care about the GT on the roads, they seem pretty lax about that kind of stuff. There's a guy in Osprey, FL (just south of you) who has a euro version F50 and he's had it for years, no problems. If it's something that no one has ever seen or heard of here (like the Noble M14), then I think the cops would be riding you a lot.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

You can probably make almost anything street legal, with enough legal fees, and modifications. ie...... $$$$$$$

Of course headaches are part of the normal importation process.

SE 30 Jota and GT = wild animals.

11. F1guru

F1guru Rookie

Mar 7, 2005
    Orange County, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I vote GTR.

12. Art

Art Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    I've seen 2 Diablo GT's being driven on the street. One of them was orange and I asked the owner of a orange one if it was street legal while I was driving next to him and he said it was street legal and nothing had been done to it. The other one was Silver and being driven by Vik Keuylian, but I didn't get to ask him if it was street legal or not.

13. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Are you referring to the Coatl? I agree, the thing looks hideous.

14. PapaiK

PapaiK Karting

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    yeah, I was gonna say that.
    GTR is more extreme then GT.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  16. FFOUR

FFOUR Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I would say the SE30 Jota is more exlusive, as only between 12 and 28 (depending on what you read) were made and they were not road legal due to their straight-through competition exhaust ;)
    SO my vote goes to the SE30 Jota :)

17. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    As far as sheer brutality, I would say the VTTT, rarity the SVS, most extreme the GT1.

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Will
    #18 WJHMH, May 17, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Agreed, the VTTT would be the one! There is man in Dallas I know that has one. I think only less than seven were built by the factory, one of them in Louisiana was sezied & destroyed by the FEDS.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Do you know the story as to why the Gov't did such a terrible thing? I'm intrigued...

20. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Rookie

Feb 2, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Me too. I would think the government would put it on the auction block first. But then again, gorvernment is filled with arseholes so it would entirely surprise me.

Are there any car loving congressman in the bunch? It just seems like none have ever stuck up for the car enthusiasts.

21. WJHMH

WJHMH Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Will
    From what I remember the owner made a fortune with off shore gambling, he set it up on a small cruise ship. He made some excellent money until he had some issue with the US Government. Everything he owned was seized. The car was a euro & had not gone though proper DOT/EPA conversions. Somehow the Diablo came illegally, even though it was being driven & stored in the states. When the FEDS seized his property & found out about non federalized Diablo it had to be destroyed. I completely agree what a waste a rare automobile, it should have been auctioned off.

22. Pantera

Pantera Formula 3

Nov 6, 2004
    I vote that Diablo T50 roadster that was made from that porsche tunner. Thats like the Callaway sleaghammer Corvette of the Supercar world.

23. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Excuse my lack of Lambo knowledge, but weren't all VTTT's US Spec cars sold through Platinum and modified by them?

24. lamborghinikid

lamborghinikid Karting

Oct 22, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeff Haney
    I was thinking the same thing !

25. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I am selling my stars and stripes 1996 Diablo SVR. Yes, it has a South Carolina title.
    The car will be featured in Makes and Models magazine in July '05 and will be in the 2006 Car and Driver Dream Car Calendar.
    if interested please email me privately.

ferraridriver69@aol.com