Miura/Jota | LamborghiniChat
News

Miura/Jota

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by ze_shark, Jul 11, 2004.

1. ze_shark

ze_shark Karting

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    While visiting a dealer yesterday for a Gallardo test drive, we got a glimpse at a very impressive private collection:
    - a white Miura
    - an Espada
    - a 400 GT
    - a Silhouette
    - a bunch of Diablos in various versions, including race versions and a roadster
    - a red LM02
    - two Murcielagos
    - an orange Jota: looks like a Miura with riveted front spoilers. Claimed to be 1 out of 3 in the world, are they that rare ? Dealer said it's blazingly fast in acceleration due to low weight.

All in mint condition.

2. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Everyone seems to have a different opinion on Miura Jotas, and how many exist. I'm by no means an expert, but I'll try to sum up what I've learned about them in the last few months.

Everyone pretty much agrees that there was only 1 "Jota" made from scratch as a "Jota", and it was destroyed in a crash. But there were 5 cars converted by the factory to Jota specs during Miura production. Over the years, these 5 cars have come to be considered "SVJ"s by many collectors.

There have also been a handful of Miuras that have been more or less converted to Jota spec by restorers, and by the factory after production.

So, the number of SVJ's depends on your point of view:
    * only one, and it was destroyed
    * one original Jota, and 5 additional factory conversions during production
    * one original Jota, 5 factory conversions, plus any Miura converted by the factory after production ceased
    * any Miura with the correct motor and body upgrades

Were you looking at #4088? This could be considered a factory converted "SJ", I guess.

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/Miura/MiuraJota/MimranSVJ.html