Met some G owner claiming his G weighs 3050 lbs...ha | LamborghiniChat
News

Met some G owner claiming his G weighs 3050 lbs...ha

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by TZL, Dec 4, 2004.

1. TZL

TZL Rookie

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
    Last weekend I was riding my MV Agusta with some of my buddies when we pulled over at a vista point, there was a Gallardo owner sitting there in his yellow 6spd G.

We admired each other's vehicles and he said he had a MV Agusta on order, he told some stories about all his cars and his "hardcore" driving experience, 4 wheel drifting his G, and how its the most reliable car he's driven.

All went well until a pretty badass z06 drove by, and the G owner commented that the Z06 was a heavy POS. As a former z06 owner, and future G owner, i know at 3100 lbs, a Z06 is about ~400 lbs lighter than a G....so I found that interesting that the seemingly knowledge lambo owner would say that.

They he went on to say he lighted his gallardo about a 100 lbs, so now it weighs 3050 lbs according the the scales in "his shop"....lol.

Anyways just a funny experience with what i consider a typical exotic car owner / poser. Now that G prices are down near $150, i look forward to picking up on soon !

See you guys out there,

2. robiferretti

robiferretti Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i think curb weight dry is in the 31xx range somewhere, i dont knw where he removed weight, but if he did so via the mufflers etc, its concievable that the car weighs in the 3200 range with fluids and no driver.

3. TZL

TZL Rookie

Dec 15, 2003
    Atherton, CA
    Well the owner was claiming that was running weight, and he definately had mufflers.

Maybe i'm just a magazine jockey but:

Car and Driver: 3560 lbs
    Road and Track: 3560 lbs

we even weighed my buddies 360 modena, despite a claimed ferrari dry weight was 2897 lbs for a 99 6mt, loaded weight was fluids was 3280 something lbs.

Anyone have the actual weight on a street gallardo with fluids?

4. robiferretti

robiferretti Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i think 3560 might be full tank and driver, seems a little high vs what i've read

5. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    According to the European handbook:

Kerb weight (unladen weight) - 1430Kg

Conversion rate to pounds is 2.20 pounds to 1Kg So i make that:

Kerb weight (unladen weight) - 3146 pounds.