Looking at a 04 ' Gallardo | LamborghiniChat
News

Looking at a 04 ' Gallardo

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Hunters360, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Hunters360

Hunters360 Rookie

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    What do you guys think. Private sale Black/Black 04 Gallardo 6 speed.
    power seats(Am I really better off with manual seats to help me fit better i always thought power seats allow for more potential configurations.) The cars has 4200 miles. One owner can be bought for $127,000.00 what do you guys think about the color combo? serial number in the 1500's

2. henryr

henryr Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    sounds cheap. i'd ask roy. he seems to be mr lambo.

3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    That is a pretty good price.......

I would check that it had all the recalls completed....

DO a check on the clutch, if it is gone on an early car like this you are looking at $5500 to $6500 depending on dealer......

But even if you add that it is good price.....I think the blacks are a little less as they do not show the cars true lines as well, IMO, harder to keep clean also.......

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 Rookie
    Giallo Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I am looking at a '04 Gallardo Black/Black 6 speed as well. (Drove it today) with 1400 miles on it. They are asking $156,900.-. I hinted that I wouldn't pay over $145k...but as I have yet to make a real offer.....I don't know what the real price would be.

Link here to the dealer (which btw is NOT an endorsement....just an FYI)
    http://www.lotusofscottsdale.com/othercars.html

btw - LOVE the color combo...and I like how black softens the cars lines...esp. the front spoiler....what color calipers btw?

5. henryr

henryr Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    roy- would you say we are maybe a year away from seeing these cars approaching 100k with some miles??

6. noahlh

noahlh Karting

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    $156.9k is VERY high for a blk/blk 6-speed '04. I bought a pearl yellow/black F1 w/ 1800 miles on it for $148k back in Sept and I believe that was a very fair price. Pearl yellow commands a premium over black, as does F1. I'd say a car like that should be in the low $140s.

7. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    YES YES you are right a 04 black, 6 speed, plain jane lightly option car SHOULD Be NO MORE than 145K or so IN GOOD shape with those low miles........HELL I will get you one......

I think you will see 2004 Gallardos NOT going to much lower.......MAYBE some high mile 13K plus plain jane 6 speed cars in the HIGH 120 to low 130....

I am also leaning towards the fact that they will actually hold and may go up a little......there ARE LESS and LESS cars available out there, production in 06 has been cut back, NOT a lot of coupes, PRICE (base) has gone UP>..and the car is getting MORE and MORE popular every day......

There was a OFF the wall pole done amongst several L dealers in the USA, it was found that OVER 30% almost 1/3 of their NEW customers were GETTING out of F cars and into these less exspensive, (all the way around) better cars.....of course every one will have something differnt to say......

I DO not think you can go wrong on any 04 G car UNDER $145K........AND remember as Spring and SUmmer approach......there is a LOT more of the COUNTRY population that wants to buy an exotic car because the SUN has come out......

But only time will tell what happens......

AFTER all we are just RENTING fun in the ride of life.........SO grab all the E-Ride tickets you can.......THE RIDE COULD END ANYTIME!!!!!i

8. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    2004 cars will be in the mid 120's by year end. Cars are coming out of warranty. And those who were the first on dealers' list to get the early Gallardos are likely to be the first on the lists for the Spyder which means most of the trade ins will be those early coupes. Those mid 120 cars will be a bargain.

9. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Besides, even Roy has an 04 for $137,500 RIGHT NOW for a car I know well, and is as nice of a car as you can find.

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    So Lambo didn't match Ferrari's 3-year warranty? I didn't know that, and I'm surprised.

Gary

11. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Nope, 2-year, 24k Miles, on either Gallardo or Murci, and many early 2004 Gallardo coupe deliveries occured in December of 2003. Lambo should have done 3/36k, as reliable as the cars have been, and it probably would have helped resale value and lease residuals quite a bit.

12. Jakillo

Jakillo Rookie

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    huntersferrari, a bit offtopic, but I saw your 360 modena about 6 months ago at a Yuppie racing/lotus meet and it was beautiful!

I looked in ur profile and it says F50 as a personal ferrari?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS?!?!?! Good luck with everything! Hopefully you'll come on a few runs this year!

good luck picking up a G-car!