lambo wanted | LamborghiniChat
News

lambo wanted

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by thecarreaper, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Where the heck are all the Jalpa's and Countach's???? i am on my 2nd 308 in a year, and i have been watching the exotic market with my eyes on a few other cars to get. there were a bunch of Jalpa's on the market, in the low to mid 20's, and now there are none. i found a few C/T'S in need of work, and i very much regret not getting one when i had the chance.

where are all the L cars? all i see are newer models for sale, bieng flipped back and forth.

anyone know where a Countach is that needs love? i work on business jets for Gulfstream. i feel i have what it takes to move on from 308's to something else, though i have much to learn.

to the dealer / broker / car flipper guys: what is the price range on a carb Coutach that needs work versus an injected one?

any leads on any cars for sale?

i need to decide if i am going to sell my gtb and get a Lamborghini, or just keep the GTB and buy turbo Lotus / Porsche or 308gt4.

any Countach owners in the general GA / SC / FLA area that would allow me to see one and ride with you ? any help would be great!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Michael. Greetings. The Countach market is pretty dry at this moment. You need to hook up with an owner of a Weber QV car, who can tell you when a car becomes available. I understand that they are all in contact with each other, to some degree ? I suppose their are approx 15 (+/-) a car here or there, Weber equipped QV cars in the USA. There are not alot of cars that need work. A good USA legal original carbed QV car, brings around 125K. A good typical USA C/T will bring between 65K and 95K.

The only other option is Canada. However the car would not be legal in the USA. That has not stopped a few people.

4. Hey Ralph,

Love your avatar!!!!! ;)

5. Bernie

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. got ya, i bet Steve in Canada with the boxers ect would know more, thanks!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. There is a fellow on the rennlist CarreraGT board that has a Countach for sale.Might ask around over there.He PM'd me the other day about the car,as I am currently in the market for a Gallardo.The car is in Madison,Wi.

9. thank you very much!

10. lol, thanks, i went looking around! wow, the site ( Rennlist) is huge!!! i may be needing some 911sc help, but more on that later. thanks for the heads up!

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. damn that Jalpa looks very nice, thanks for the info!

13. Why is the weber carbed C/T QV better than an injected one? In the Boxer market both have the same aproximate value and performance.Is it rarity,performance, or ?

14. there are very few 4 valve carb c/t's in the usa, as Ralph said, maybe 15 or so. i cant swing one of those at this time. i would rather have one of the more common usa carb c/t's. hell i would take an injected one. i have been lurking on L*-talk*, and there is a thread about a modified lp400 that sold for less than 40k that had all kinds of stuff wrong with it. the warped engine block and turbos would scare me off, but i would love to find one that sort of ran that was not "that" modified.

15. The American QV F.I. C/T, does not perform as well as the ROW Weber QV. It is not just carbs over injection. The Weber car has different cams, exhaust headers, pipes, and intake manifolds etc..... The U.S. car was cut back to pass EPA emissions. The Weber car is also easier to work on. (other than tuning the carbs).

16. That car will not go cheap. It was bid past 85K, and was a no-sale. Quite a few people, are aware of this car.

17. Happy to point it out. I would love to see you get it. You have that passion that is necessary for such a special car.

1975 LAMBORGHINI COUNTACH LP 400 - UNRESTORED ORIGINAL

An excellent unrestored example in near perfect condition. This rare periscope Countach - the 56th one built - has been fully and continually serviced and runs as well as it looks.

AND its Yellow. How can you go wrong. This example looks very nice and the price may very well be worth it for an "exactly what I want" car. Good luck.

18. Isn't there also a difference of about 35hp in the two?

19. YES,YES,YES.... I DO HAVE ACCESS TO 6 COUNTACHES TODAY. I BOUGHT 2 THAT ARE ON THE WAY..USA OR EURO ..NOT TOO SURE... I NEED TO CALL LAMBO AND ASK. 89 ANNIV. ON BOTH... I HAVE ACCESS TO A VERY SPECIAL CAR THAT SOLD AT BONHAMS EUROPE.... CAR HAS 2700 KMS. 1980. SPECTACULAR CAR....I MADE AN OFFER BUT NOT YET IN MY BOOKS... CAR IS IN PAKISTAN$$

20. Cool. But I / "we" cannot go / geaux to Pakistan !!! LOL.

21. there must be alot of work involved in buying so many high end cars long distance like this. i dont know how you folks do it Steve, but i bet its fun! i was so happy from the hunt that led to my ugly Porsche 911 i bought monday . i cannot imagine the thrill of B.Boxers, Countachs and the like! i need to sell the GTB and move on i guess!

22. I absolutely LOVE the Countach. It was a very bad mistake, to sell the classy hot lady. It did not cost much in upkeep. Get the minor bugz out, and it is quite reliable. - It was a fun time. It is a brute to handle. However it all comes together, when things become fun.

I want another Countach !!!!