Lambo stories/photos from Players' Run 2004? | LamborghiniChat
News

Lambo stories/photos from Players' Run 2004?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Mark(study), Jun 24, 2004.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Anybody have any news on how the Lambos did.

Here's a few pics I found

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  3. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  4. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for the pics Mark!!

5. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My fiancee and I drove the green Murcielago on the Players Run. It was an amazing trip, no serious damage to the car until we shipped it home. The company that we used to ship the car home from Cali took a nice chunk out of the front bumper and also gouged the rim on the rear passenger side. This car was great for the entire 3000 miles. It's pretty comfy!

6. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Rookie

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    wow it must have been fun! sorry to hear your car recieved some damage, nothing worse than ending a roadtrip with someone carelessy doing what their supposed to be good at.

7. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey AMGgirl! Nice of you to finally join F-Chat! Talk to you soon!
    Mike

8. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    Scene from the Players Run
    Characters: AMGgirl5, Slimy Larry and Greasy Earl
    Backdrop: Green Murcielago

"Hey sweetie, is that there contraption a Feee-air-o with a body kit on it?"
    <spits chewing tobacco out>
    "Nah, Earl, whaddareya stuepeed? I seen one of them contraptions on TV. Y'all must be celebrities. Y'all are celebrities, aintcha?"
    <scratches groin>
    "Sheeit, I bet y'all are celebrities."

Hey girl, what's up? Nice to see you here!!!

9. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    Ryalex, stories are being saved for the DVD. Cops drawing guns is part of it, as you mentioned.

10. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Come on, Clax! Just a FEW stories....that's all we're asking! :)

11. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Clax,

Are you the owner of the other fee-aro with the body kit ? You should come see us the weekend I heard you'll be on "our side". :)

12. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    That's me! We'll be in Michigan on Saturday morning (but not in your area), so how about Sunday?

13. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Clax,

We might be going to a charity event with the car on Sunday but I'm sure that Michael would rather hang with you and T. How are the new wheels treating you? There are some great shots of your car on Sophia & Dave's site. Also, your car is on the Players Run website now. Anyway, give us a call we would love to see you. Bye!

P.S.

Hey Michael FVM!!! I can't wait to see my little orange bambino!!

14. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    AMGgirl, your little "bambino" is sitting in port just waiting for customs release. Should be soon; maybe we can bring them both back to you at the same time.

15. mchferrari

mchferrari Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    Cool. Those pics are all taken from here in Topeka.

16. schackman

schackman Karting

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Who was your shipping courier ?

Could help me and others out down the road to avoid the same troubles.

I am currently shipping a Lambo myself. Would hate to run across the same fellas that did your car. !

SCHACKMAN

17. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Until we recieve (or don't recieve) a check from the company to cover the damages that they caused, I don't want to say the name. I will say that the company is a large one used by Lamborghini dealerships and the owner of the company is not a very nice guy. We will see if they make good on their promise or just cut their losses. ( I did not pay the driver for the shipping of the car when he arrived with it.) I will absolutely let everyone know if the company does not pay for what they did!

18. chrislamborghiniatlanta

Dec 23, 2003
    Oh I bet I can guess who did that one!!! We have gone away from using the 6 car enclosed guys as the absolutely are the worst at getting cars to places in a timely fashion. I almost exclusively use a two car enclosed that guarantees an almost 4 day turnaround time coast to coast after pickup. If you guys need the number just email me and I will set you up with him. He is good as gold and has never, ever damaged anything or let anyone down. I have recommended him to a few people on this board and he has impressed everyone he has met. Hope you get your stuff repaired, fixed, paid for etc... I have been in the same boat with a few cars and it is not a fun place to be.

Chris
    chris@lamborghiniatlanta.com
    404-643-6603

19. nsxnick

nsxnick Karting

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    hi A and J... how are you?

i got screwed by Reliable-Carriers. They charged almost double what they quoted. They said it was considered "inoperable" because of the flat. Then I got screwed by Belle Tire. When they removed the flat tire they also removed a good chunk of my wheel with it.... those idiots! So much for welding the crack. I sent it out to HRE to get it completely rebuilt.

20. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hey Nick! Sorry to hear about how your car carrier f-d up as well. As a fellow HRE owner I feel your pain :(. Is the tire company going to pay for the damage? I have you on video getting pulled over w/ us somewhere in NY. Best of luck with everything getting the car fixed. We are sending the Lambo out today to get the damage taken care of. Michael and I are always free (losers) so if you and your wifey would like to have dinner sometime and you are in town, you have the office # give us a call. Take care. -A-

P.S. BENTLEY SUX

21. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey AMGgirl & Nick!

What's shakin? Hopefully you guys can resolve your car transport issues with as few headaches as possible. When my car arrived, a hydraulic line inside the truck burst and spewed a little fluid on my car. Thankfully it wasn't corrosive and washed right off. I just about had a heart attack when I saw it.

AMGgirl, Tgirl is going to give you a call tomorrow to see if we can hook up this weekend (she mentioned Sunday).

Talk to you guys later!

Clax

22. nsxnick

nsxnick Karting

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    #22 nsxnick, Jun 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Belle Tire denied doing it. It's their word against mine. It will be an expensive lesson. I'll be taking my rim to Cauley to get it mounted. In the mean time I'll be cruising the streets in these bad boys:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    DAMN!!!! Are those spinners?

lol :)

24. blueferrari2003

May 18, 2004
    AMGgirl5, what is the good and the bad of the murci? I am looking into buying one but want to know what they are like first.

25. AMGgirl5

AMGgirl5 Karting

Jun 18, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I love almost everything about the Murcielago. Driving it 3000 miles across the country seemed like it would be hell but the car performed very well. The only thing that I find difficult is backing this car into a tight spot. The car has very little visibility out of the rear window. This car is SO much more driver friendly than the Diablo was. I hope that you do get a Murci. They are alot of fun and beautiful to look at. :)