Lambo Hotrodders-The Ultimate | LamborghiniChat
News

Lambo Hotrodders-The Ultimate

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 6.0 se, May 16, 2004.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    What we have here is a 97 SV-R factory racer.This car was originally orange with black stripe,but had an unfortunate meeting with a wall.It has been updated with lights,as the SV-R's came without.The motor has been rebuilt,putting out right at 650 at the wheels.Notice the air jack plug in the rear of the car.For an extra BONUS,it has been fitted with a 200 shot of Direct port nitrous.Still has the roll cage in it.It also took first place in last weekends exotic car show.For an old muscle car guy turned lambo lover,it doesnt get much better than this.

2. Burnout

Burnout Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    That has got to be one of the hottest Diablo's I've ever seen.

3. dherman76

dherman76 Rookie

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Gorgeous car.

4. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    The Lamborghini emblem on the front bumper looks very unique and striking!!

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Karting
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    That just maybe the coolest Diablo I have ever seen, it sounds like its kinda quick too ;)

6. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    This Lambo I saw in Toronto had that too - it had a 30th Anniversary badge, which might make it a 94? 95? I'm not up on Lambo trivia, so I dunno. It did strike me as 'different' though - esp. right next to the hood emblem on the 6.0.

But this SVR is wild!

7. F40

F40 Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2003
    The bumper is off a Diablo SE30.

8. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    You are correct!!Well,its actually not 100% identical to a 94se,but close enough.Since the car had to be rebuilt,and made streetable,the best of all worlds were used.Almost an SE bumper,6.0 lights,also the side sill rockers are extended 2" out,a little more than on the 94 se.This car is a 97.

9. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Here are some pics of original SV-r's.The white car (formerly orange)looked like these before rebuilding.

10. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Nitrous? Sacrilege!!!

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    LOL.Oh,your one of THOSE!!Nitrous is a GAS!!I even put it on my daily driver.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Nice cars. I feel the only non-factory item on a car should be the exhaust.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wow! love the car and the concept of a racing lambo on the street but how is this thing registered? what kind of title does it have?

14. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    It isnt as of yet.

15. someday

someday Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Baton Rouge
    Full Name:
    JP
    Whats wrong with the rear wheel on the 03 car, second picture in the series. It looks like it is turned a little.

16. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Dont know.It does look a little strange.Could be optical illusion,could have hit a wall one too many times!!

17. M.James

M.James Karting

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    My local F-mechanic, Karl Troy has one of these beasts.....his has been refinished in a 'Stars-and-Stripes' motif. He campaigned the car in Brock Yates' annual One Lap of America race last year, but encountered a wall early in the race - crunching part of his left rear quarter panel (improper brake bias adjustment was the culprit). The car now sits dormant and partially disassembled in his shop, awaiting time and money to rebuild the quarter panel. I hear he's entertaining offers for the vehicle, which runs and drives well despite the minor bodywork damage......

18. M.James

M.James Karting

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I can understand the use of non-original bodywork to rebuild a crashed Lambo - the factory is VERY stingy about providing bodywork to facilitate repairs, and some folks are waiting YEARS to get repair parts. We have two Diablos in Charleston that are in dire need of replacement bodywork - one is the ex-Missy Elliot 6.0 Diablo that suffered a front-end collision at the hands of a negligent transporter company. That car has been languishing without a front-end clip for the past two years, and they're still waiting for factory bodywork. The rest of the car was repaired long ago. Lamborghini's attitude seems to be - if you crash it and want it fixed, send it to us in a box and we'll repair it (at our pace and price). Don't like that arrangement? Well, then, you're going to wait until we feel like helping you.

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Any idea of his price?

20. rifter

rifter Karting

Dec 14, 2003
    the reason that's the most gorgeous diablo sv ever is because it has 6.0 lights in place of the ugly pop-ups...

21. PaulC

PaulC Karting

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    They gentleman that owns it is a state senator and when our legis;ature is in session you can see it parked right in front for the capitol building in Austin. It is a bigger draw than the Capitol.

22. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    It must be an S.V.,not an S.V.-R.The R cars are not street legal,no vins,no cats,no real bumpers,and no lights,unless it has been rebuilt.