Lambo countach | LamborghiniChat
News

Lambo countach

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by SupercarGuru, Jul 18, 2004.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
  2. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
  3. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    hmm i dont think so, its a really well kept up car, Its here in Boca, one of my friends has the car he wanted mid 70s, it has to be one of the nicest original examples i have seen in a while. Countachs NEVER hold up, the dash stiching moves around, the seats crack really bad, the body cracks, you name it! Overall its just a great car.

you know how to reach me!

-jt

4. weimar97

weimar97 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    what the heck is that big ol' thing on the dash?

5. xs10shl

xs10shl Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    San Francisco
    Actually, the front wing doesn't bother me too much, but those U.S. Spec bumpers . . . what a shame it had to come to that. Score another butchering for the DOT.

6. vincent355

vincent355 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    1955 radar detector complete with tubes.

Looking at the engine bay, I'm not sure this car has been that well taken care of. I like the color though.

7. ETW

ETW Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    It doesnt look like a very well maintained car and that front wing looks terrible, it looks like a 1:2 scale version of the one in the back that was stuck on the hood

8. rovingtravler

rovingtravler Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    David
    The only thing I can think of is the box on the dash is for the "Cell" phone. this might be a nice fix it upper, but not well maintained.

Only driven about 200 miles in the last few years...that is not good for it!

9. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    That car has been beat to a pulp. It was owned by an Air Force officer who treated it like a old beater 5.0 Mustang. It sat in the Imperial Palace Auto Show for a little while then was moved elsewhere. That front wing is HIDEOUS! Same with the front bumper....would almost make me get the Euro spec Countach. I couldn't believe they actually had that car in a museum looking like that...all beat up. The engine bay looks horrible! Its all thanks to the dust and crap we got floatin' around in our Las Vegas air. In five words....the owner was an idiot. He never took care of it. And oh, it says its a one owner car? Then says "no KNOWN mechanical problems", yeah thats a line of BS.

10. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Two stars on the front bumper indicates a flag officer---2 star General.
    Dash board has horrendous shrinking, driver seat needs cleaning/redying. Odometer in Ebay ad does not match current mileage.

11. dmcgill

dmcgill Karting

Apr 16, 2004
    CA/NV
    Oops...i must have forgot. Thanks for the correction. I dont think i would ever buy a car off ebay. Nothing seems legit these days.

12. mchferrari

mchferrari Rookie

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    The odometer is in kilometers. They do match. ;)

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    A dirty and dusty engine compartment does not nesscaraly mean the car is unmaintained. The car could be in very good mechanical shape but just in need of a good cleaning. Nothing stays clean forever and Countach engine bays being what they are, do tend to collect dirt and other stuff.

But I will agree the car needs work, but I don't think it's that bad. It would be a good clean up project for sure.

14. Fastviper

Fastviper Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i think its worth it just for the old cell phone manual.

john

15. MorphDJ

MorphDJ Rookie

Aug 4, 2004
    That front spoiler is just nasty ! looks like a cheap add-on, why would you ???!?

Sorry :p

16. Forzaholics Anonymous

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    Anyone here have any idea how that front wing is attached? I'm guessing that a few holes would need to be welded up, prepped and painted over? Is there a source for Euro-spec bumpers? That car needs a good home & I have just the garage space for it :D

17. weimar97

weimar97 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    now that you've reminded me of this car, I'm curious again as to what that thing on the dash is... Some have said that it's an antique radar detector and others suggested it had something to do with a cell phone - I believe it's a radar jammer.

I dunno.... it's killing me.

18. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    To me it looks as though it is linked to the phone, also it looks like a speaker of some sort, could it be a early hands free kit for the phone?

19. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    State of confusion.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Overall its just a great car, but all that you listed goes wrong?? Was that sarcasm??

20. Forzaholics Anonymous

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    Supposedly sold for 63K

Oh well...there's a nice yellow one in Dallas that's calling me by name right now :)

21. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    You should buy the one in Dallas. It was my car.