Lambo CLutch Question For Allan | LamborghiniChat
News

Lambo CLutch Question For Allan

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by BLKCountach, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Hey Allan, I am curious as to what people are actually doing wrong that makes their clutches wear out too fast? I fyou could emlighten us on the DOs and DON'Ts, I'd appreciate it...

JohnE
    '89 Countach

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Dont ride or slip the clutch. Dont drag race. Dont keep your foot on the clutch while driving. I sold my 87 Countach with over 70,000 on the clock, with its original clutch still in tact. Also, i always match revs on each downshift. Once your rolling, its ok to let all hell break loose.

4. Thanks for the input. I don't drag race it and usually take off from a dead stop with the revs at a fast idle and don't slip it much. Hopefully this clutch will last a long time.

JohnE

5. Are the materials in the clutches of sports cars any different? I know about the composite clutches in Porsches, but on an everyday (if there is such a thing) exotic. Or is it like you said, people just tear them up?

Thanks

6. One of my favorite thing to do when in the 575 Maranello is to move off line (normally) then gun it. I can spin my wheels in first or second just by stepping on the gas. You do not have to dump the clutch. I do so only rarely, very rarely. Why wear parts for no reason.

This is my only complaint about the Murcielago. I cannot spin my wheels. Then again, not spinning equals better acceleration, also a fun feeling!

aehaas

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Launch the C/T between 1K and 1.5K.