I've Got a G. Will I Be Disappointed Adding a 360 To the Stable? | LamborghiniChat
News

I've Got a G. Will I Be Disappointed Adding a 360 To the Stable?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by ghost, Mar 20, 2006.

1. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Please file under: "A Man Can Never Have Enough Toys." - :)

Cheekiness aside, the title says it all. On principle, I'm not paying a premium for an F430. Wasn't really thinking about a 360, but was offered a nice example of one at a reasonable price. The key issue for me is, whether, after experiencing a car that has a V10, 500 horses, looks to die for, and is tons of fun, will the 360 just end up sitting in my garage, or is there a place for both in my zany world?

Thoughts appreciated - especially from those that have owned (or do own) both.

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas P
    v,

it's a small world but i am sure you have a big enuf garage........

3. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Vik

A gurl can never be too thin, and have enough diamonds.

A man can never have a big enough garage, and or aircraft hanger.

(wish I had an aircraft hanger)

4. SDChris

SDChris Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Having driven both, I can say that the Farrari is a great "sports cars" meaning it is just not the same as the Gallardo. It is like comparing a Kia to the Z06! Well not really, I am not saying that a Ferrari is anything less or Kia like, just diffrent. The "WOW" factor is not as intense, people seem to be more blowin away with the styling of the Lamborghini.

If are looking for fun, and Hp then you should be looking at the Murcielago. Then the stable, how do we say, will be complete!!!!

5. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

If you have a G I doubt you will be driving a 360 much unless it
    is out of sympathey.

6. F430xxx

F430xxx Karting

Jun 11, 2004
    Having had a 2 360's I have to say that there's not one Ferrari out there that competes with the lines, finesse and styling of the 360. Its a Gorgeous car however I must confess the 360 roars mightly yet up to a Gallardo I feel a Gallardo may have a better advantage. I have never driven a Gallardo but if its anything like the Murci I just got, then WOW. As for the F430, I stood he other day at the dealership simply looking the car but and down and truthfully it simply does not have the eyes a 360 does.

Bottomline they cheap now so why not.........

David Kassir

7. darth550

darth550 Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    With Stu
    Full Name:
    St Mark
    Vik.

Since you are asking this here, you probably don't realllllllly want a 360! ;)

8. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Actually, posted here because I am hoping to get a more objective view. Most guys that lurk here have owned (or do) own both Lambo's and Ferrari's (Tom, David, racerdj, etc.). On the other sections, there might be a liiiiiittle bit of a Ferrari bias.

It's an honest question.

9. CornellCars

CornellCars Rookie

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    MHO - a regular 360 will be a letdown from the G; it does feel a bit more connected and 'pure' sportscar, but it doesn't wow the way the G does. That said, if you were to step up to a Stradale, I think you'd find yourself hemming and hawwing about which to take out. I think the Stradale is phenomenal, with raw feedback, and a spectacular feel all around - don't let the power deficit fool you, it feels almost every bit as fast as the G, and the handling feels more connected. But for a base/regular 360, I think you'd be missing out and it would become a garage queen to the King G.

10. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Thanks Jason. Only problem is I don't do paddles. Never have, nor will. I buy these cars for the driver involvement and visceral thrill of 'working the machine.' Taking away a shifter removes a large part of that experience for me. Enzo's the only car I'm going to make an exception for. And that too begrudgingly. - :)

But appreciate the rest of your perspective.

11. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Hey Vik,

I've had a 360 and now a Murcie, and have driven 2 Gallardos extensively.

Your G is a helluva car, I will say that. Going from that to a 360 might be a bit antitclimactic. But that isn't what you are doing, correct? You are not trading one for the other, simply contemplating an addition.

In that case, go for it! The 360 is a fun car to drive, can be thrown around easily, and really makes you feel like you are going a lot faster than you are. Since it's not a one-for-the-other situation, why not have both indeed?

I'm excited for you, actually. Pretty sweet stable.

12. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno & Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I own both the G and 360. If I was to only have one, it would be the 360. Now since you can afford to have both, why not! You can't take money with you when you die. Live life, if cars make you happy as they do make me happy, then buy the 360.

What are the details on the 360?

I have my 2000 360 F1 for sale (new F430 on it's way). It has 9600 miles fully serviced inluding belts for $130m. It's for sale at Steve Harris Imports (asking $134,900). www.ferrarisales.com

13. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Gents - thanks for weighing in. Exactly what I want - individuals who have owned both.

Glenn, you're right - this would be in addition to the G, not a replacement for.

Mike - car sounds like a beaut, but unfortunately, I don't do F1. Per your earlier post, just curious on why the 360 over the G?

14. CornellCars

CornellCars Rookie

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I completely understand! Personally, the Stradale F1 was the only F1 I really enjoyed, but I still know what you mean about missing the experience. I honestly think Ferrari made a mistake not offering the Stradale in 6 spd, I know a good number of people who would buy one in a heartbeat if offered w/6 spd but won't touch one being F1 only.

15. XSSSIVE

XSSSIVE Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Reno & Lake Tahoe
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I like my 360 over my G for several reasons:

360 is finished nicer - interior is much better, more spacious, the trunk is 3 times larger. Gotta love the glass over the engine! Clear bonnet on the G is so so.
    I prefer the F1 over the E-gear. The Ferrari is just smoother and a better feel. Yes, I have been told they are both the same. Ferrari must have better software?
    I would also take the 360 over the G when it comes to looks, IMO. Maybe why the G has fallen in price so much.
    Performance - I would take the G!
    Bang for the buck??? Can't beat the G on price (if you buy used). If you paid MSRP for the F430 and the Gallardo, then go with the F430 hands down!!!

Just my opinion!! Hands down, these are to great exotics. I feel very lucky to have both.

16. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    I think it would be redundant to have both a g car and a 360...they are both mid engine entry level exotic cars, with the gallardo a newer design with more performance, and the 360 a lighter car with more finesse....the gallardo has the more outrageous looks and wilder engine sound...if you are lambo person, the 360 wont give you enough adrenaline to satisfy your soul...and the gallardos are better buy at this point....i would personally only consider a 360 spider at a good price, mostly because of its looks..ferrari says 395hp, but it sure doesnt even feel like that many......

17. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Vik,
    As you know, got the Gallardo last year and sold the 360 after 5 years of ownership in anticipation of my 430 arriving in 06. I have now driven the 430 twice and not too sure about it. While I may not go back to a 360, I might really consider a CS. I would be more than happy to give you my 2c.

18. mhh

mhh Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Don't be shy. Tell us all. :)

19. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Vik,
    You should really consider a Challenge Stradale. At least test drive one then you can really decide. Call me tomorrow about test driving one. BTW what year 360 can you get a good deal on? Also a coupe or spider?

20. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Karting

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    Vik..I can think of much better things for you to do with your hundred + grand burning a hole in your pocket. I think you know that, too.

If you still buy it, feel free to park it in my garage. (SMILE)

Edit: Ill make sure to exercise the gaskets and seals every week

21. noahlh

noahlh Karting

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Having driven both extensively, I find room in my heart for both. 360 = lighter, more tossable, better visibility, great F1-sound. Gallardo = heavy, planted, more cramped/hunched, more powerful, bigger growl.

Different days, different moods, different cars. Get a nice 360, make sure you throw a Tubi & straight pipes on 'er, and you'll be plenty happy. Like picking which shirt & tie to wear in the morning....;)

nlh

22. Testacojones

Testacojones Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Terra

I see how you view your cars, then I must say to go for it and to buy a 360. I owned a Gallardo as you know and now a 360F1, long story as to why... The 360 is a car that will have you working it as it doesn't have the ultimate grip of the Lamborghini and the over steer is really there making it a lot of fun. Driver involvement is more pronounced and the car feels much lighter, I would say that its maybe a little more fun than the Gallardo to drive, not faster, not in the same performance numbers, not in the wow factor, but yes in the boy racer deep inside. Both are great cars and now I can't really choose between either one.
    I will be selling this 360F1 as I prefer manual shifters, but after the sale I will have to see if I get the F430 at msrp then, if not then I will have to choose from '07 Gallardo or 360 manual, if not then a 997 GT3 along with a 328 Ferrari or Testarossa or 997TT along with a 328....
    Going back to your subject I would advise to jump on it with the 360, good luck.

23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    southeast
    Full Name:
    name

:) that, i can arrange :) . wonder if General Dynamics will lease me some more space :) .

24. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    #24 racerdj, Mar 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    Thanks gents - great input. But seems somewhat divided b/w those that say the G will suffice versus others who indicate each has its place.

Hmmm...

Dave - house looks amazing, as does the garage.