Is this correct for an 88 countach? | LamborghiniChat
News

Is this correct for an 88 countach?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by charles robertson, Oct 3, 2019.

1. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson
  2. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
  3. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson
    Thanks earlycat

4. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    EarlyCat is correct, what you want is in a black vinyl bag.

The image you posted shows an LP400S tool kit in it's typical blue canvas bag.

charles robertson likes this.
  5. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson
  6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
    Charles - I’m going to start a Countach tool kit thread (hopefully this weekend). I know you’ve been looking for one and I’m happy to try and help you.

For your car, you need the single strap bag (5000 S’s and some very early QV’s had double strap bags). See photos. As for precise contents, Lamborghini was very inconsistent. Even with certain tools that are in all bags (such as pliers and screwdrivers) there were multiple colors, variations, suppliers. Then, certain tools are found in some bags and not others.

Again, I’ll try to provide clarity on this in my thread. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss further.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

joe sackey likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    To be clear, as Joe stated, the kit in question is not correct for your car, although a few of the tools are correct. For example, hammers did not come with tool kits for your car, but the bulb container, screwdrivers, and the 19mm socket spanner are correct for your car. Depending on how motivated you are, you may want to buy it and then back fill with the correct bag and the other missing pieces. I can help you, if you like. It just takes a little time searching.

joe sackey likes this.
  8. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson
    Thank you Rossocorsa1 much appreciated.

9. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    For what its worth Charles, here is mine. As you can tell, I’m missing a few pieces (wrench, breaker bar, etc.). At least I have the more expensive items (jack, ratchet, bag, etc...)

Inside the snap pouch on the side of the bag I also have spare A/C belt as well as a ratchet, extension bars and socket for removing spark plugs. Although not part of the OEM kit, I like the ability to remove the spark plugs if the need arises.

Mike

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EarlyCat and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Good stuff. I will post the tool kit thread tomorrow when I have time to get it started. I’ll drop a link in here for those that are interested to learn more and to contribute.

11. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson

Nice bit of kit Mike

12. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    #12 Rossocorsa1, Oct 27, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Peter K. and Spyder-Man like this.