If your looking for a Diablo..... | LamborghiniChat
News

If your looking for a Diablo.....

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 6.0 se, May 26, 2004.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
  2. Doody

Doody Formula 3

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    unless you run a museum, or unless it's selling well below market, this seems like a bad idea. you're talking about a car that got maybe 300 miles per year put on it. unless this guy was a total whack-job who put 15 miles per month on it religiously with proper warm-up, the car is going to have "sitting" problems. and the fact that the tires were replaced "due to age" is a sign this was absolutely a garage queen. the dealer probably put 1000 miles on it in the last few weeks :).

entropy happens.

doody.

3. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    A 99 sitting with 300 miles per year would be no problem.The tire thing would be of concern though,as I still have my originals on my 88.5 countach with 3500 miles on it,and its alot older.Of course,I wouldnt drive it over 170 either.And I would be almost certain that a 99 with those miles isnt going to be in the bargain price area.

4. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    If this were a couple of weeks ago, I'd be a player. Wrong color but an SV, I still be a player. This would be a good replacement for the 360? Most know I have both set of rims with tires. OEM Lamborghini rims and original tires coming up on 3 years of age and other rims new tires at 3 years of age. What is the life of Pirelli P-Zero's???

5. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Karting
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    If I was still in the market, I'd buy it in a second, silver color aside...I don't buy into that garage queen stuff. I'd rather make the history on it rather than worry what someone else did.

6. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    This is an excellent post as to the last 1000 miles possibility as this is the reason I keep all my gas receipts in a car folder. I can prove with more certainty that the mileage has been acquired over time and not in the few weeks a dealer would have done.

7. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

I also agree about the tire comment. I know where a 1981 512BBi is with the original tires. My 1988 had the P-7R's with the V rated compound when I purchased it. Those tires were no longer made when I purchased the car. Of course there are plenty of signs to look for, besiDES the clock.

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    whats a good price on this car.... what was the hp rating vs the 6.0?

9. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hp was rated at 530.But the car is light,compared to the 6.0.If the car is for real,no stories etc.....I would put the real value at 150-155.Im sure they are looking for more.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Gorgeous car.

Why put a Tubi exhaust on it & then have zero miles?

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I did the same thing to a 98sv I had.Put exhaust on it,and then put a huge 800 miles on the car in 2 years.But it sure sounded good when I drove it!!I know,it makes no sense.

12. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Installing a Tubi is considered a stereo upgrade that helps the engine performance.

13. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    thanks aj...you are the ultimate l car expert!!!! i will definately get your consultation before i buy my lambo....so the sv must fly!!!!! how is the ease of driving vs the 6.0....which is the better buy now?

14. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Thank you for the kind words.Whatever expertise I have in L cars is in Diablos,and later model Countaches(88-89).Before that time period,Im an idiot. The S.V does fly.It is 250lbs lighter than the 6.0,and only loses 15 hp at the wheels.Being a 4wd,the 6.0 will eat it up off the line,but thats about it.The S.V. is true Lambo muscle.I like the AWD of the 6.0,as opposed to the 2wd,but if you asked 100 people,it would probably be 50/50.The 6.0 is a superb handling vehicle,very difficult to lose control of it.The SV is slowing down on the depreciation scale.Hell,they only brought 25 into the U.S. in '99.Not many around.If you can find a "gem",at a reasonable price,you wont likely lose much money over the coming years,if any.The 6.0 has a way to go down yet,but has taken its biggest hit as well.Hope this helps.

15. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    One more point.The S.V. tends to be used more for what it was produced for,to go fast.It may be more difficult to find a "nice" s.v.,just because of the nature of the car,and the low production.

16. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    AJ! I found the perfect Enzo for you!

17. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

Stereo in a loud Lamborghini ? Where is it ?

18. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I agree totally!!! Time to unload that gorgeous yellow Countach!

19. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Wow.What a pic.Looks great from that angle!!

20. zjpj

zjpj Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Seriously, that gold Enzo looks AWESOME.