How long before some makes a twin turbo Gallardo? | LamborghiniChat
News

How long before some makes a twin turbo Gallardo?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by triXXXter, Mar 18, 2004.

1. triXXXter

triXXXter Rookie

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    I would like to see it. I thinking someone will put one together pretty soon considering the Audi Concept apparently shows it can handle it.

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That would be interesting to see..or perhaps TT Murci.

3. JOEV

JOEV Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2003
    London, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wouldn't be surprised if they already exist. There was/is a company (I think they were called Grant's Performance) that slaps twin turbos on anything that cosses their path. They had 1000+ HP Vipers and they also did a TT Diablo VT a while back.

edit - I forgot to add that Koenig will inevitably do it as well http://www.koenig-specials.com/

4. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I've got feelers out on European chat boards trying to locate the exact equipment for my Gallardo.

5. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Those wanting to TT their Lambo's/Ferrari's need only look to Bob Norwood. IF you have the budget to spare that guy is the king. Total automotive genius.

6. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'd love to see one done by Norwood just as much as I'd like to own one.

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    I think that the factory may do it soon enough...This engine has had FI before, just with 2 less cylinders;)

8. writerguy

writerguy Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Seems to me I have heard a chirping about someone in the process of doing that....

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Hope it's not Burtoni.

10. Mako99

Mako99 Karting
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Uh,

#1: Bob Norwood sold the shop to a partner and doesn't work on cars anymore. Actually hasn't in years.

#2: The quality of Norwood's products has been debated heavily the past few years, and I mean heavily. About a 50/50 split for people that ended up happy with the experience versus those that would never do it again.

FYI.

11. FerrariF1

FerrariF1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i think heffners performance already did twin turbo gallardo, which made 680whp.

12. XR4Tim

XR4Tim Rookie

Jun 1, 2005
    Medina, OH
    Yeah, but this thread is 2 years old ;) The TT Gallardo wasn't even started until this thread had run its course.

13. mhh

mhh Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is it because Easter is near that we get these "back from the dead" thread revivals?

14. BigDog

BigDog Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    guess jesus does walk :D

15. speedy

speedy Karting

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    #1: Somewhat true... sold it to James Patterson and Bob will never stop working on cars in some fashion or another.

#2: Interesting opinion. Very bold statement to say that half the customers are dissatisfied.

Do you have first hand experience with Norwood Performance over the past 7 years? I'm not trying to discredit your "claim"... Well, yes I guess I am. You see, I worked there before, during and after the transition of ownership... I can honestly say that Norwood Performance has improved overall since the transition and their level of customer service is extremely high. In the time I worked there, I only knew of one customer that was dissatisfied with the work and it was a matter of his budget, not the quality of work.

50% customer satisfaction is absolutely a grossly inaccurate and terrible claim. Please, unless anyone has first hand experience, don't spread such nonsense. It's not good for anyone's business.

If anyone would like to inquire about Norwood Performance I would suggest that you contact Rob Lay. He went to Norwoods to do PPIs before he even bought his 328 and he's still a customer. For those of you who aren't aware, Rob created this wonderful website for all of us to enjoy.

Good day

16. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Guess what I followed through and didn't even consider the other tuners mentioned.

If you have a project that makes sense..pursue it.

Lamborghini IMHO should do the 600 flywheel version for
    a production car, but then I don't make production decisions for them .......just my own.

17. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Karting

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I think u should read the other threads b4 bringing up old ones :p

18. Webby

Webby Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2004
    haha the best is the I found Jimmy thread.

19. 505T

505T Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Sam
    They'd be hard pressed to do a cleaner job than yours though...I had the opportunity to look into your engine compartment at CC and it took me a while to realize what I was looking at. I was going like "WTF?" then remembered a post about a TT Gallardo. I know its the performance that matters, but I like the very clean and professional look...as well as the "TT" from the Audi...you found a good use for them and for once it makes sense.

20. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Reeves Callaway was there .(Father of the Sledgehammer)
    I and I asked him outside of Heffners Presence what he thought...

"VERY,VERY Clean install I like it."