HOT Gallardos! Including Azzuro California | LamborghiniChat
News

HOT Gallardos! Including Azzuro California

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by ryalex, Aug 1, 2004.

1. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Given my "thing" for Azzuro California, it was only a matter of time before I would 'paint' up a Gallardo. Enjoy.

2. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Pale Gold

3. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Metallic Pink

4. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Lemon-Lime Green Pearl

5. blueferrari2003

May 18, 2004
    I wish the azuro california blue was available at lambo, it looks good!

6. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Ice Blue

7. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Molten Copper

8. ghost

ghost Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Vik
    I hope somebody at Lambo is reading this - your colors look hotter than theirs. :D

Love the Ice Blue!

9. richard

richard Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    ryalex,

Regarding your work in Photoshop...try creating a duplicate layer of your selection, adding a secondary highlight color (metallic finishes have this) and then confining it to the highlight areas. Optionally create a third highlight layer and specify the layer mode as "overlay". This will make your photoshops look much more realistic.

10. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks for the hints. I realize that the intensity/saturation of these colors is high, and that brush recoloring (vs. hue adjustment) tends to lose color. For these ones I didn't care as much... but what I did one some of these was adjust the Color Balance between the shadows and highlights to give different colors - most notably yellow on the green and some green into the ice blue. But I'll give your method a try!

11. benaustin

benaustin Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 23, 2004
    Looks great in green!

12. cochise

cochise Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dempsey Chavis
    Ryan, there is a Murcie in a color "real close" to that light blue here in central fla located at Ultimate Motors (sp) ... the local Lambo,Rolls,Bentley dealer.

13. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Do you know of any pictures? I can't find it on their site inventory...

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ice Ice baby..

15. Mark(study)

Mark(study) Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mint Green never looked so good!

16. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I'd take the green one. With some body colored (with polished lip, of course) HRE rims ... yummy.

17. richard

richard Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Ryalex,

I had a few minutes of free time and did three demo images illustrating the slightly different style of color alteration. I used colors you had done on your originals. I made a much sloppier selection than I believe you did, but it will suffice. As you can see here several other shades of color in the highlights have yielded much richer or full-bodied versions of the blue, green, and orange that you posted.

18. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Ryan, great work!!

19. keof50

keof50 Rookie

Jun 24, 2004
    UK
    they look sweet, will Lamborghini do a custom colour for you like Ferrari will?

20. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    yes

21. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks for the guidance, and the time to put these together. I will try this out on the next batch I do!

22. Cicero

Cicero Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    how does it work to order a custom color? say I wanted to order a red/tan combo. How much deposit and how long til delivery? Now assume I can't afford it when it comes in...what can I do? Take delivery and sell to public over MSRP or walk away and do I lose my deposit?

23. writerguy

writerguy Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #23 writerguy, Aug 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. JimmyJ

JimmyJ Karting

Jul 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Roy James
    When you order your lambo, you order it in a ext. and int. color combo that suits you (the way you want it). It's like going down to Joe Schmo Ford and ordering getting a blue Mustang with black interior, and all they have on the lot is a red with tan and a yellow with black. With Ford it takes about 2 months to get your car to the ordering dealership, whith lambo it takes 3 to 12 months depending on the model and the demand. By custom color, your ordering a color that isn't offered on the model (i.e. Say you want the color changing paint as opposed to the standard and optional colors, then you WILL pay a LARGE chunk of change for the exclusive option). It's like that say, "Everything has a price, it just depends on how big your wallet is"

Your deposit depends entirely upon the dealership. From 10% to 50% to full price

If you can't afford it, ya don't get it. The dealership pays for the car, and they keep your deposit I believe. However, I may be wrong too. But if it comes down to you can't afford it, then the dealer is stuck with trying to sell the car

25. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I don't think it's too bad - I think it's around $5-7k for a regular metallic custom color, although obviously the color changing paints like Chromallusion are much more expensive because of the cost of the paint itself. But I'm surprised that even for $7k on a $190k-300k Lambo more people don't customize. After all, the color is a large part of the appearance of the car!

Chris from Lambo Atl, could you shed some light on the custom color situation?? Kizdan broke down the custom color costs for Ferrari for me before...