Gumball 3000 ------------ | LamborghiniChat
News

Gumball 3000 ------------

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by tonyh, Sep 11, 2004.

1. tonyh

tonyh Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Did anyone from here enter Gumball 3000 this yr? Saw some video of the event today and a few cars look very familiar, like yellow Diablo, orange Murci ....interesting to see some many UK registered cars in the event too.
    Pretty sure i spotted the guys from DTM website in video ...?

2. stax

stax Rookie

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    i dunno about anybody from here but i know that they guys from DTM power went on the one from NY to LA

there were a lotta guys from here that went on the Players Run this year

3. Gaurav481

Gaurav481 Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    wasup guys,

i along with loads of people on this forum were on players run this year, we had a great time and all made loads of great friends. - definetley the experience of a lifetime.

loads of pics of the website www.playersrun.com , plus various others on the web

peace

Gaurav

4. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Tony,

Yep I was on the Gumball this year and already booked up for next May's run as well. Great event.

5. Joker

Joker Rookie
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I was there in my 575M. Had it on danish export plates during the event, though (now on UK plates).

6. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Joker,

We're you the silver 575 that got soaked by the dutch guy in his H2? Open window...big puddle ...... lots of mess....

James

7. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    I know a lot of the guys on the gumball. Quite a few are customers and a couple a good mates of mine.
    The orange Murcie w/Tubi is Ian Griffs, the Enzo is Kev Stanfords, PAS 2 (360 Spider with wheels etc) is my mate Pani's car (he was one of the guys who ended up in prison :) ) - we'd tubi'ed up both of Eyhab Jumeans cars (the grey Murci and 360 Spider).. I'm forgetting a few. It was great publicity and a lunatic even by the sounds of the stories I've heard.
    No matter what anyone says, it IS a race (supposedly!).

8. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
  9. Joker

Joker Rookie
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Nope! It was a french 550... Poor guy... When I saw the car I though he had accident or something like that. It was NOT a pretty sight.

Edit: Come to think of it, I don't think he was french. He just had a french-flag type stripe along the length of the car (viper-like).

10. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Yeah it was a real mess. He had the window open when the Hummer undertook him. I saw them at the next fuel stop on the opposite pump. Not the easiest of things to clean up.

You doing it next year?

11. Joker

Joker Rookie
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes. Already paid up. Don't know which car, though. Still has the 575 - but also getting a 430, and I'm really hot for a Murcie as well... Decisions, decisions... :)

What did you drive this year?

12. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Did this years in a Merc E55. Doing next years in the Gallardo. The route for next year looks fantastic.

13. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu

James you have PM.

14. LMP234

LMP234 Karting

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I browsed through those pictures and watched a 6 part series about this particular Gumball on racingflix.com.

It sounds like an amazing experience and is something I would like to do before I croak.

15. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    Heard rumours its heading back to the states in 2006, so theres your opportunity :)

16. LMP234

LMP234 Karting

May 8, 2004
    TN
    Full Name:
    Leon
    I guess I should hop in the drug business if I want a car to drive in it by then =(

17. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    or get a sponsor and rent your car.