Gallardo reliability | LamborghiniChat
News

Gallardo reliability

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by 360, May 24, 2004.

1. 360

360 Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Due to pick up my new Gallardo in a few weeks after 6 years as a Ferrari die hard, today i have been tild by someone in the trade that Lamborghini are having trouble with manual gear boxes and clutch wear has anyone heard or experienced anything similar or is it just rumour mongering

2. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

this is the first (even rumor )I've heard of that!

3. Korr

Korr Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Stew D Baker
    I know the eGear is somewhat problematic, but this is the first time I've heard anything about the stick.

4. bmwracer

bmwracer Rookie

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I have a Gallardo 6 speed with 7700k which i use as a daily driver,no problems with the clutch or anything else.The harder you run the car the better it runs.I it probably the most practical daily driver supercar available right now.

5. kverges

kverges Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    2800 miles with no significant issues in my G. We shall see how the clutch lasts, but I have not heard much good about F-car clutches, especially F1 clutches.

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Just a nasty rumor.Those mongers!!

7. jamesketchell

jamesketchell Karting

Aug 21, 2004
    UK / USA
    Full Name:
    James Ketchell
    I cant re type all thats been said on this subject over the last few weeks 132 posting at last count but all UK Gallardo owners should read this thread and beware

http://www.*********************/forum/messages/28/11012.html?1093071206

OK, i tried to post the URL but its blocking that forum name so where the stars are shown you need to write -

lamborghini - talk.com

Without the spaces.

8. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    mine is in for 7500 mile service now .After buying one of these I have a VERY BAD attitude when it comes to Ferrari's holier than thou dealerships and their idiotic waiting lists!

9. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Well said Wayne!

10. lotustt

lotustt Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Hey ferrari's are cool and all to, but come on as if they dont have clutch issues or other problems at all? Amazing how some things spread like wild fire. Was your 360 perfect?

11. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Good point!! In 22 years of F and Lambo ownership, I have had 1 clutch put in a Lambo, and that was my yellow 88.5 Countach. I have had 4 put in various F cars, and I have logged MANY, MANY more miles in the Lambo's.