Gallardo Barchetta. | LamborghiniChat
News

Gallardo Barchetta.

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by crystalq3, Feb 18, 2005.

1. crystalq3

crystalq3 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    rome-italy
    Full Name:
    Carmine R.
  2. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    It's the Lamborghin Batmobile :)
    How ya gonna get "road head" in that car ;)

3. udalmia

udalmia Guest

damn ryan i thought you were uro for a sec

4. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Is it just me or does anyone see similar resemblances to the old lotus concept car, i think it was called an mn200 but then again that doesnt sound right.....

Still, i'm sure it had the two windscreens

5. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    I understand its based on old style race cars, but it's not a race car. Why is it split down the middle like that?

6. N24RE

N24RE Karting

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
  7. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    that's just a BALLS OUT awesome design, it is going to be the hit of the International Auto Show........maybe a rich guy will not be able to wait and ask Koenig-Specials to make him one like they did for the Diablo Roadster.......but the Design is too COOL

8. shiggins

shiggins Karting

Nov 20, 2004
    Where have I seen this before.....hmmmmm.....oh yeah 5 posts down from this one hahaha
    Different site though, but same stuff. Good find none the less.

9. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That is the single most inspirational design ive ever seen in my life. THAT car would make Ferrucio proud. THAT screams Lamborghini. And if they sold the car just like THAT, ide be right in line! Screw the rearview mirror idea too. Just lose it and install a camera in the rear.

Damn. Unbelievable!

10. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
  11. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    itd be very cool if they did it. but id be really surprised if they did.

12. nopiston

nopiston Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I agree. You can't accuse them of looking like anything else! A question comes to my mind... What happens to a driver/passenger if you have a hard enough side-impact? I'm not sure if an airbag system would help in that situation. Maybe that central piece is designed to break away somehow? Like I said, love the unique design. Just wondering how it would actually fly.

Randy

13. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I can't imagine them releasing a second car with no roof. Especially in a lower price range. I bet the design will be similar with just a connected windshield/midsection and a ragtop like the Modenas.

I would personally rather have this car!!!!!! The split design is awesome!

14. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Actually, it would be wild if it WASNT divided.... Like that central piece was rigid...but just above the driver's head. Like a T-Top thing? Then you could just snap twp hard tops on that thing. Screw the mirror and add a camera! I bet that would make the car streetable.

15. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

Yes I like the looks also BUT... like today I'm driving to Vegas and it is pouring down rain. I don't care my current G car can deal with it. I'm not so sure this sexy beast could?

16. JeffB

JeffB Karting

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Anybody else see some resemblance to the McLaren F1 in that first pic?

17. MAHOOL

MAHOOL Karting

May 24, 2004
    O-town, Florida
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I wouldn't doubt it one bit if Lamborghini got so many requests for it that they actually make a limited run......a la COACH, or Mullener..........money talks and plus AUDI has huge BALLS to back it up..........hey someone get the Sultan of Brunei on the phone.......jk

18. shiggins

shiggins Karting

Nov 20, 2004
    I would love to see that car made. It looks like the windscreen is fairly low, low enough to have your head popping out the top. I can see myself with a pair of goggles on cruising on some backcountry roads in the fall.

19. HIGHROLLERM85

HIGHROLLERM85 Rookie

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That's how an outrageous italian sports cars are supposed to look. They are not supposed to look bland and be practical. They're purpose is to make people say "WOW" when they see them.

20. richard

richard Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
  21. Napolis

Napolis Formula 3
    Honorary

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #22 Napolis, Feb 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Think about the name. It means little boat. If they made the interior like a boats interior: ie something that could get wet no problem and you wore helmets it could work. Hey these two drove for 1000 miles in a similar roof wise car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    its also great if you just had an arguement with your wife and arent talking!!!you could pretend she s not there....i think it would sell, so unique looking

23. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes is a passionate design. No one was thinking about going to the grocery store. (it looks like there is a trunk delete too) Nobody was thinking about how you would talk to your passenger. Nobody was thinking about the weather. Nobody was thinking about this car bein limited in driving situations.

The only purpose this car serves is its own design. Thats the beauty of a car like this. And thats the reason I would buy something in this class. I have two cars already, my automotive needs are met. Personally, its the impracticallity that makes this car desireable. I think there are plenty of others who would feel the same.

24. Jon7

Jon7 Rookie

Jan 30, 2004
    VA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Like me.