G or Murcielago | LamborghiniChat
News

G or Murcielago

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Spiffey28694, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Spiffey28694

Spiffey28694 Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Trathen Dollar
    Finally at a point in life where my dream is becoming reality. Love the murcielago roadster but also like the G. Got a max limit I have set for myself to spend. Either way I want the gated 6 spd and roadster. Decision is go in lightly with a G or take the plunge and go for the Murcielago?
    Looking for real world input on both. It will be a cash deal no financing. Color is not important. So give me the good and the bad on both. It will see roughly 500 miles a month. Break down the ownership cost of maintenance. Already talked to my insurance agent and got quotes on several models. Standard oil change plugs brakes I can do myself no biggie. How hard is it to replace clutch and rough cost of parts. I'm a master tech so I feel I could do it baring no speciality tools are needed. Any other info and input would be greatly appreciated!

2. EarlyCat

EarlyCat Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Mar 9, 2005
    Shot gun shack in another part of the world
    Full Name:
    Marty Bryde
    Depends on what you really want. The Murci does require an engine out to do the clutch. The Gallardo does not. If I was picking a car to drive on a regular basis I would go with the Gallardo. I feel like the interior is a little more roomier, the car is not as big (and blindspots with traffic) and more more maneuverable. Looks wise and for more power the Murci. My neighbor has a 08 Gallardo. He drives it almost daily. The only problem he has had was something to do with the e gear. It was not much, I'm thinking a sensor, that cost him about 1k for a shop to diagnose & fix.

Booker likes this.
  3. Booker

Booker Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Moderator Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    You sound like you don't mind a little work, so the Murci may be more rewarding. In my opinion, it is the cooler car, but as @EarlyCat said above the Gallardo is a better daily car.