For A.J. | LamborghiniChat
News

For A.J.

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by wings, Oct 9, 2004.

1. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    A.J. I know you have owned a Countach before so maybe you can help with this question. I am interested in a Anniversary model and note that the rear tire spec is 345/35 VR15. It appears that Pirelli does not make that tire in that size anymore. They still make the front tire. To stay with the same tread pattern, Asimmetrico unidirectional, any suggestions as to what could safely be used to substitute for the rear 345's? This seems to be an emerging problem with Pirelli. They have also discontinued the rear 335/35 ZR18 P Zero's for the Diablo creating real problems for the owners with the VT models as they cannot mix sizes beyond the 1 percent max allowd by Lamborghini without risking damage to the Viscous Coupling. Thanks.

2. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    I KEEP HEARING DIFFERENT REPORTS .THE TIRE RACK SAID THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE (345/35/15) I ALSO HEAR THEY WILL BE IN STOCK AFTER OCTOBER FROM OTHER SOURCES. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE INFO I WILL BE IN NEED OF TWO REAR TIRES SOON, THANKS

3. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Hi Bob. Sorry to say I never searched for tires on any Countach I ever owned. All my cars were ultra low mileage cars, and never needed tires. I have seen correct size tires around for sale however. I think you will be able to find them if you need them. May be pricey.

4. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks A.J.

5. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Just a follow up on the tire question. It is not the mileage that becomes an issue with the Lambo tires it is age. The manual recommends replacing the tires after 4 years and no patch jobs. Owners I have talked with generally agree. A friend of mine replaced 4 tires on his Diablo even though they only had 1500 miles on them. Problem is, I as stated earlier, Pirelli's P Zero 335/30 ZR18 Asimmetrico are out of production (rear). Front Pirelli's are still available. The replacement Pirelli for the rear (335/30 ZR18) is only available in a "Rosso" and it is a different tread design. I am not sure when the P Zero 335/30 was introduced but you would think that Pirelli would continue to support the "Diablo tire requirement"?

6. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I disagree. Had the original tires on both my 88.5 cars, and would not have been afraid to drive either at speed. Actually, having owned 13 Lambo's total, have only purchased 2 sets of tires ever dating back to '82. I still have the original tires on my 67 vette also, and they are "as new".

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks for the reply A.J.