Finally! Concept S Geneva Pictures!! | LamborghiniChat
News

Finally! Concept S Geneva Pictures!!

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Blue S2, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    http://www.lambocars.com/framed/feb2005.htm

Here we go!

EDIT! AND ITS NOT FULLY SPLIT! This car would do just fine in the real world! I think they should put it into production! Looks better than any regular roadster IMO. I doubt they will though!

2. Malfoy

Malfoy Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I know practicality and whatnot are disregarded when it comes to exotics but I still have to ask: Why the line down the middle? Is there some sort of professional race that splits the passenger and drver? I usually like to feel im in the same space as my passenger. Unless it's a nagging gf that is. :D

3. Napolis

Napolis Formula 3
    Honorary

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Why is Lambo wasting $ on bullsh it show cars that they'll never build?
    Why not spent the $ to develop a proper top for the Murcie spyder, something that would increase sales?
    With a top that isn't a joke that one would really sell as would a real G spyder.
    IMO a top that would be great on the Murcie would be one like the one 575 Super America.
    How does a show car like this help them?

4. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    They are Italian, not German! Its not "form follows function"...its "Damn this looks good! Lets build one and enjoy it!"

5. Malfoy

Malfoy Karting

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I guess I'm extra harsh since I don't think it looks good. :(

6. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    You know that the Audi management does not have the balls, to even think about selling it.

7. CMY

CMY Rookie

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    From a design standpoint, it's awesome.

Practical? Not really.

Do I love it? Yes.

-Chris

8. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    It's a concept, take it for what it is guy's.

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I was asking myself that question?

It might have to due with the free buzz and advertising ..... fills the gap until their next big launch of the "real" Gallardo spyder later this year.

Take some of the buzz away from Ferrari and the 430's at the show.

How much is this worth?

Or do the design studios do this work for free hoping they will get a bid from Lambo to design future cars???

10. bentasm1

bentasm1 Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    I love it.

-Ben

11. dmeyer

dmeyer Rookie

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Niether do I, I'd prefer a Gallardo coupe or spider. Just me though.

12. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Lamborghini doesn't have a racing program. (well...barely if anything now with the new car...) Lamborghini only makes 2 models. There's barely any varations of their cars. Their cars run FOR LONG model lives. They dont sell many cars. Lamborghini doesn't really have much going for them to keep them in the news. How often do you hear about new Lamborghini activity, or see press releases?

Putting out random cars that are really impressive in between model releases makes sense if it helps keep their name around. I would think it would stir interest for their upcoming models as well.

People knew a Gallardo Spyder was coming out eventually but you dont hear much about it...now people talk about a Gallardo spyder since this concept was announced.

13. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Good call Mark, I agree, and I'm pretty sure that is by the same designer as the Gallardo.

14. Burnout

Burnout Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Its the first design from Lambo's new styling house, headed up by Luc Donckerwolke, designer of all Lambo's since the 6.0. If anything, I think its an attempt by them to show they are capable of producing outrageous cars loaded with Italian style, since that has been a critisim of the Gallardo and Murcielago.

As for being a waste of money, this car looks like it was 'cheap', as far as concepts go. Afterall, its a stock Gallardo interior, engine, drivetrain, etc.

I love it, and would love to see a run of 25-50 made. Apparently, the Gallardo Spider is pretty much ready, and incorporates a completely different set up with a power top. The Concept S is distinct enough that a small run ought to find some demand.

15. Aureus

Aureus Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Louisiana,California
    Looks spiffy. Now if only it wasn't in white...