eBay SCAM Alert! Urraco #15800 | LamborghiniChat
News

eBay SCAM Alert! Urraco #15800

Discussion in 'V8 Lamborghinis' started by TwiceBaked, Jul 8, 2013.

1. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    I put an offer on a "parts car" Urraco #15800 on eBay the offer was very low and the listing ended. Today I received a "Second Chance Offer" the sellers "email" andrewd.engineer@gmail.com I asked a question and got this response.

"Thank you for the reply. According with eBay you can buy my car for your last offer: $5,000.00. The "winner" on eBay, after speaking on the phone waiting for him all day long comes up and wants a straight swap. If that wasn't enough the bugger almost made me lose my flight. Must tell you i'm in Europe with business for the next 6 weeks but this is not a problem because i have the car in a shipping company custody and they will take care of delivery (i offer free shipping within 800 miles area).

However, before any delivery can be done I want to be sure that we do this transaction in the safest mode possible for both of us using eBay because they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions. Needless to remind you that I am a professional seller with exquisite 100% positive feedback, so I offer and expect 100% seriousness (take a look over my feedback on eBay).

Using eBay you will get 3 days to inspect the car (after it's delivered) before paying me and I'll be sure that I have a genuine buyer with funds ready who won't mess me around. You'll get the chance to inspect the vehicle, test it and everything you like while your money are safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm with eBay that you agree to keep the car, they'll release the money to me. In case you don't like it you get a full refund.

If you have the funds ready email me back with your name and address for delivery and i will register the transaction with eBay. Once the transaction is registered, eBay will contact you with ALL the info regarding shipping, purchase protection, and refund policy (no obligation to buy and no fees involved if you won't accept the transaction's terms).

Regards,

ANDREW DUNFORD"

Quick google of his email address and poof same exact email was posted on another forum.
    '68 Sport Wagon

Contacted eBay by phone as I had now two more emails from him and was told it was a scam that NO second chance offer was ever sent through eBay and that the seller is most likely in on the scam or has been hacked. Be warned on this one..

2. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Sounds legit to me :)

3. Wade

Wade Rookie
    Giallo Subscribed

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Going into full Scam Baiting mode.. Its a fun sport.. I sent a message to the "real" seller on eBay who has to be working the scam with the scammers on how confused I am about this and where do I send the money. Let them know I HATE pay PAL and rather use Western Onion.. LOL but they need to fill in the anti terrorist form G190 to get their money.. And so the fun and games begin. I will waist loads of their time and energy so they dont have time to scam others. see some of my work on anti scammers on 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!

BBoyJmE and Michael Call like this.
  5. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's a scam. That whole book that he wrote is saved on his desktop and he sends it everyone he targets, specially the Europe thing. Play with him for as long as you can with false hopes :)

6. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    LOL..

To: happysuper1114
    Subject: Re: Other: mrmpx3 sent a message about Lamborghini : Other 2DOOR #281132332962
    Sent Date: Jul-08-13 14:57:41 PDT

Dear happysuper1114,

Ok will do! By the way how do you ship a car with no paperwork to Canada?

- mrmpx3

Dear mrmpx3,

i have supecial way its seacret please dont ask about it

- happysuper1114

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
    Respond

BBoyJmE likes this.
  7. BlueBiturbo

BlueBiturbo F1 Rookie

May 19, 2004
    Jakarta
    Full Name:
    TS
    #7 BlueBiturbo, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    Happysuper1114 was trying to sell a grey 1988 LM002 in Kyoto area about 4 months ago.
    When I asked the address to see the car he backed off.
    How stupid did he think I am to send $88k to Japan without checking the car physically.

8. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Its getting fun.. By tomorrow I will have him filling in forms that have no answers really this is loads of fun when you find a truly clueless greedy scam artist. The more I want to pay them right now the more work they have to do..

9. JeremyJon

JeremyJon Rookie

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    LOL ...and the worst part is, these con artists still manage to snag gullible people, who send them cash without doing their due diligence :facepalm:

10. dJYRINHO

dJYRINHO Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    This man scammed a friend of mine for quite big money.

Google Shogo Scammer Watanabe and go out to his facebook site (made by me) for more information.

11. dJYRINHO

dJYRINHO Rookie

Jul 29, 2013
    You are so correct, this man scammed a friend of mine for 77.000 $

Google Shogo Scammer Watanabe and go to his facebook profile (made by me for more information)

There is also a "bounty" for the person interested in helping out !

12. Breguet

Breguet Rookie

Jul 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Raffi Boyadjian
    Hello
    please contact me regarding watanabe

13. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I wonder if this is the same guy that was scamming people in the Dodge Viper world back in the mid 2000's? He got a lot of people... he was pretty slick.

14. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    I wonder if he would take the money that I am going to inherit from that Nigerian prince as a down payment?

;-)

Mike

Michael Call likes this.
  15. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Karting

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    I've gotten scammed once for a total of $1400, nothing crazy, but it was when I was 16 and learnt my lesson... I turned the blind eye wanting to believe something that meant so much to me is true.
    Then I decided to check his IP address and turned out he was in 1 place this whole time and not "traveling" as he mentioned.
    1st thing you can do to check out a story is look at the IP address location on a reverse lookup and see if the email is from where the guy claims to be (down to the suburb) then you can go based on names, email look up etc etc.

I ended up finding out where the scammer lives down to pictures of his whole family, tattoos, criminal record, new home, etc etc. Sadly his local police couldn't do anything about it as it is an international matter and needed a green light from the Australian Federal Police. The officer was cool enough to indirectly confirm someone of the perps name, description lives in the area though. Oh well, good life lesson for me.