Don't flame me: Lambo breakdowns at Scuderia Rampage? | LamborghiniChat
News

Don't flame me: Lambo breakdowns at Scuderia Rampage?

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rob Lay, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just heard 2nd hand that several (more than a couple) of the Lamborghinis at Scuderia Rampage were having mechanical problems at the track? :confused:

Just to prove I'm not trying to start trouble, one of my race mechanics has broken 2 different 360's in a row testing on track.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. de993

de993 Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hard to blame the Roadster for the breakdown. It was at the track, being run hard...with only 300 miles on it......

The Gallardo, from what I understand just needed to have something tightened, then he was back out running well.

4. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu
    Everything brakes down at one point or another.

5. italiancars

italiancars Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    I can attest that there were no problems at all with the Lamborghinis that ran on track at last year's Le Belle Macchine d'Italia and Pocono is by far the fastest track in the country.

The only thing that was worn out was a couple of sets of tires from 2 days of constant high speed driving at the hands of Lamborghini's Factory Test Driver Valentino Balboni.

BTW he will be doing it again this year from June 24 - 27 www.italiancarsatpocono.com

Joe

6. Clax

Clax Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2002
    I attended a track day last year with 19 Lambos. Not one single problem. The following week was the Ferrari track day, and there were 2 mechanical failures, and 1 crash. Does that mean Lambos are more reliable than Ferrari's, or that they handle better than Ferrari's on the track? Probably not. Hey, when you drive a street car at the track (whether it's a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Vette, etc, etc), you are going to have problems if you run the car hard enough for an extended period.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. senna21

senna21 Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    What track are they at? Also, when you say mechanical I'm assuming you're referring to engine drivetrain and not suspension.

9. dealmaker

dealmaker Rookie

Mar 22, 2005
    Every Lambo I've owned has performed perfectly at the track, and not one of them has ever let me down, EVER ! - the same CANNOT be said for every F car that I've owned, as without exception they all suffered some form of mechanical failure during track days. Speak as I find, no axes to grind.

10. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The e-gear was acting up on the yellow roadster; the 6.0 was also having some problems Sunday afternoon although we didn't know what - we push started it and it got back to the Paris ok. ZR will have to look at it later. I didn't hear about the Gallardo problems.

That said, I am even more on the Dark Side of the Force after this weekend: 2hrs+ in the 6.0 and 6 hours in the Murci and I am hot for Lambos now. Not to say I won't get a Ferrari first, but I need a 6.0!

I will agree though that the Murci is more comfortable and refined with a much more linear power delivery - but for raw grunt the Diablo seemed to have more of that "throw you back into the seat" delivery. This isn't to say that the Murci didn't have awe-inspiring acceleration, but it almost made it feel too easy. :) Heck, if I could, I'd have one of each!!

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Formula Junior
    Giallo Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You're right as rain on this one, Rob. Luigi's and Ralphs's tractors are ALWAYS broken! Like the lady said, "There's always sumthang!"

Dr "I don't drive no tractor" Who :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. zitro

zitro Rookie

Sep 17, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ortiz
    Overall, i think the lambos were much more impressive than the f-cars there. Don't get me wrong i love the f-40's that showed the enzo was amazing as always but the 360's are just too plain for my taste. I was also pissed that the enzo drive left it parked the whole weekend. It would have been nice if he came out and at least said hi, or maybe i don't know started it, opened a door, turned a turning signal on, anything....

-ortiz

14. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Seems a bit hard to believe that EVERY Ferrari let you down, with NEVER a problem from Lambo. No axe to grind? Puh-leese.

Gary

15. G-force

G-force Formula 3

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    You just can't stand it can you?

16. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) Karting

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I could stand it if I could believe it, but I don't. I've tracked a lot of street machines, as well as race cars, and my Modena is as solid and reliable at the track as anything I've driven.

Gary

17. Rob Lay

Rob Lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think it is without question that all Lamborghini models are more exotic than most Ferraris. The exception being the supercars.

The Enzo seemed parked most of the weekend, but it was at the track Saturday (I think, unless I was just remembering the black 430).

Like I said, the Lamborghinis are more exotic, but as Jennie and I watched the yellow 360 and yellow Murci pull out together on the track side by side we much prefer the smooth lines of the Ferrari. I haven't been a fan of many late model cars now with the sharp edges. My favorite Lamborghinis are the Diablo and Miura.

18. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well, there was the one yellow Murci (of 3 yellow coupes and 2 others!) that slid off the track in a cloud of dust, came back in tact without damage and then went back out for more.

19. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

Dale:

We all know you want to join the club and step up !

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    We spent a day jumping / pushing a Mondail around just to get to the track. The problem was the altenator - Which I believe is a Cadillac part - Damn Americans!

See my signature - This is what one of the bike riders said to us as we stood by the side of the road for hours....

Was good to see you again Rob - They did have some nice Diablos there this weekend. I also dug the Countach. :)

21. Tillman

Tillman Splenda Daddy
    Global Moderator

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Tillman!

That was the 430, the Enzo never moved as far as I could tell -- but I don't think the owner was at the SR.

I'm a Ferrari guy, but I really want one of those Jalpas now. Finally got the chance to see one in person, and it's great.

EDIT: Jerry, I didn't know you were there! Sorry I missed you.

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Tillman - Same here!!! Hope to meet you another time.

23. tubeguy

tubeguy Karting

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    The black Ferrari 575 broke too. I think. Kept squeeling tires and once it even spun out.

What would cause that?

24. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Racing an Elise!

25. de993

de993 Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    :D ROFLMAO

26. markymark360f1

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark

What do you expect from a lambo guy. One of the murcielagos was overheating as well. He was from San Diego. This can be verified.
    I find it fascinating that this person choose to take a side. Whereas there was much of team spirit the whole weekend. ...........Regardless I appreciate both. It was a great F1 race this weekend....Nice to see Ferrari on the podium. Get the point.....

MM

27. robiferretti

robiferretti Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

Didn't want to go into it but i figured the problem witht he blue murci was that he was just low on coolant, seemed like the symptoms he was having and could be possible with a new car prepped poorly?

for the record the "check engine" light in our 360 only stopped coming on when the bulb finally burnt out. 44,000 miles of non-track use :)

28. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Well said, can`t agree more!