dollar for the dollar the worlds best super car | LamborghiniChat
News

dollar for the dollar the worlds best super car

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by scycle2020, Jun 5, 2004.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    with apologies to the f40 ,f50 , enzo, slr, and the carrera gt, isnt the murci easily the worlds best supercar, dollar for dollar? for 225-250k you can get a practically new supercar with 580hp, wild looks and everyday drivability...while all the above mentioned cars are wonderful cars in their own way, they are much more expensive and with either the less or not much more performance....granted, some of the f cars are true collectors and become more of a investment

2. murcielago11

murcielago11 Rookie

May 16, 2004
    I agree nothins better than a lambo.

3. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Good thing you posted this here .LOL.Someone will tell you its the Ford GT.Not me of course,just someone.Someone else will tell you the Murci isnt a Supercar.Not me of course,but someone.What is a Supercar?My definition is over 200mph,blinding accelleration,braking beyond extreme,the ability to turn a real fast lap,and exotic looks.What am I missing?Maybe the Zonda should be on the list.

4. Six O

Six O Rookie

May 28, 2004
    Streets of LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Isn't the Carrera GT had the same v10 as the gallardo? After all they are all owned by Audi. Would Audi go through the trouble and money designing 2 different v10?

5. ze_shark

ze_shark Karting

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    Porsche does not belong to Audi or the VW group, 50% of the shares belong to the Piech and Porsche families, but this has nothing to do with the VW group (to which Audi, VW, Skoda, Seat and Bentley belong).

The Gallardo's V10 has a 90deg angle while the Carrera GT's is much narrower at 68deg. Definitely not the same engines, and no reason for them to be.

6. TestShoot

TestShoot Rookie

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    King Koopa
    I don't know if this will be rec'd in a bad way, 6.0 said GT40, I agree to a point, but there are some really great turnkey options from Ultima, and being more closely related to track cars, or hypercars. Now granted they are a 'component car' but that is not really a cop out because for the most part, a 600hp bowtie block is the most common option to roll of the assembly line as stock. All for 100-160k.

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    I dont think the GT40 is a supercar.The other factor is exclusitivity,either because of price,or production.The GT will have the same motor in it that the Lightning will pop in next year.That just cant be a Supercar.I think its a short list.

8. scycle2020

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree that the gt ford is not a supercar.... i suspect when the production gts come out that the murci will easily beat it in performance...plus the interior of the g t looks ugly to me...and you cant compair an exotic italian 12 to an american supercharged v8

9. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I love the F-50's styling over my Diablo but at similar performance numbers the deal lies with the Diablo IMO. The F-50 is my dream car but near $700K is that good value even considering the very low production numbers of the F-50. The 6.0 wasn't exactly mass produced.

10. Furby

Furby Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Rome, Italy
    700k? Last time I checked the F50's were available for around 400k euro...

11. racerdj

racerdj Formula 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My numbers are USA and from Cavalinno's Ferrari market. (reports monthly)

12. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    What exactly makes a sports car a supercar, and how is the "best" supercar defined.
    I think these are the questions one has to ask himself...thus making any car only one's favourite, and not universally perfect ... JMHO

Very honestly, the Murci is't my favourite. Top 10 for sure, but definitely not #1.

13. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Sycle's original post was dollar for dollar.He is having a problem,as many do,including myself,with how much more do you pay for a tad more performance.If the exotic looks are there,and the numbers are close,and the car is exclusive,why pay 1m,or 500k,or 400k.It all comes down to what floats your boat,and how much you are willing to spend.

14. chrislamborghiniatlanta

Dec 23, 2003
    Amen to that!!! I could get a few Murcis for the price of an Enzo or even an F-50. I will tell you, the Murci is hard to beat for daily driver performance, looks, and reliability.

15. scycle2020

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    thanks, took the word ou t of mouth...cant beat the murcis exotic bang for the buck.... or the late model diablos also....diablo vs murci....now thats a tough choice!!! do i see another thread coming??????

16. TestShoot

TestShoot Rookie

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    King Koopa
    Sorry, umm look at the stats, I believe as it is 'eating italian' it qualifies as a super car, go by stats, not by production numbers or where else the motor shows up.

ofcourse when i kicks your ass, you are gonna say 'oh, but it is not a super car' then you will look really dumb.

17. robiferretti

robiferretti Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    price wise? Ultima GTR ?

18. ralfabco

ralfabco F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixieland
    Full Name:
    Israel Beiteinu

N0

Turbo Hayabusa.... Hands down.

It's over.

19. robiferretti

robiferretti Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

your two wheels short of a car

20. TestShoot

TestShoot Rookie

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    King Koopa
    Actually the can-am has a higher top speed than the GTR because of wind resistance. I mentioned it once before, no responses.

21. scycle2020

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    when you "kicks my ass"?..who is one one who looks dumb?,

22. isellpower

isellpower Karting

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Huh? Why can't you compare the two? Because you could replace the entire drivetrain in the Ford for the cost of a clutch and belt change in the Lambo? The Murci is my favorite next to the F40, but to say the GT doesn't even compare is not sensible. Those of us who have to wait for sub 100k cars are waiting for the GT to fall like the ZR-1 did. I'm waiting for the 360 or the GT to fall just below 100k then I will buy.

23. 6.0 se

6.0 se Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    LOL.Its a good point Jason.I have no problem with the #'s of the GT,which are dazzling.I have a problem with Ford digging up the grave to sell the cars,instead of a new design.I just have trouble buying into that whole thing that they are doing,and then to announce that the coming Lightning will have the GT motor.That kind of kills the exclusitivity thing.However,I would buy one,not for 225,not for 150,but 100k is the number that appeals to me for that car.And I too will get one when they get down there.I put the GT in the category of Porche turbo,Viper,Lotus esprit,not bad company at all,but its just not a 150-225k car.

24. whart

whart Formula 3
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Hate to provoke, but for $=performance, the Corvette Z06. Of course, you may say its cheap, its plasticy,it not exotic enough, etc. but in terms of balls out performance for the money it does, for 50k, 85-90% of what the 200k plus cars do. I'd also put the GT-2 on the shortlist, but then, i'm biased.(And, i don't think its nearly as good a deal, "dollar for dollar" as the corvette).

25. Mr Payne

Mr Payne Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Mosler MT900sOB.........:)

If all goes according to plan it will be in a comparison test (ala: Supercar Challenge)with Car and Driver and will DECIMATE all comers. Imagine the Mosler MT900s with an "optional blower".