Diablo GT-R | LamborghiniChat
News

Diablo GT-R

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Discussion (not model specific)' started by GianPaolo, Feb 11, 2005.

1. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Can the Lamborghini Diablo GT-R be street legal? We know because use the GT in the states and was wondering if there was a way to make the gt-r street legal?
    Maybee detuning the motor a tad and adding signal lights would that help?

2. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Ok then i guess not. Yes i know i made the mistake of saying gt-r and not GTR. I hope i didn't make it sound ricey.

3. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    For Germany: Yes!
    There are 2 road legal GTR`s in Germany (maybe more but I only know two of them).

4. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #4 VROOM!!!, Feb 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  6. mred

mred Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Ed B.
    I know that there is an SVR that was made US street legal. It was painted like an american flag. I would assume that GTR's could be but have no experience with it.

7. ryalex

ryalex Formula Junior
    Consultant

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #7 ryalex, Feb 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. bobafett

bobafett Formula 3

Sep 28, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAH ... SWEET!

--Dan

9. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    How many miles can you drive with show and display papers??
    If i were to get a Diablo i thought about the gtr instantly but knowing that there not street legal i would consider a gt, but the show and display is really messed up.

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a GTR front bumper to any last gen Diablo?? Or is the molded carbon attached to the body that this could not be possible?

10. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Excuse my ignorance in my last post, I am for the most part a Ferrari guy but lately the Bull has got me by the horns and i'm hooked.
    And thus i just realized the gt is pretty much just like the gtr.

11. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I think the it is 2,500 miles for the show and display. I know that getting a GT is easier then a GTR.

12. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Thanks alot for the info. yeah forget the gtr it just has 25hp more and a racing exterior nothing more.

13. DotHater

DotHater Rookie

Feb 16, 2005

little do you know.

14. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    Enlighten me.

15. DotHater

DotHater Rookie

Feb 16, 2005
    I dont know all the differences but I'll list the big ones. I have driven Both cars quite a bit and every one is a bit different.

The GTR's have a rollcage, one seat, no climate control, radio, insulation for heat or sound, headliner, plastic windows, slick tires, straight pipes, weigh alot less, air lifts, quick release speedline wheeles. Nothing on the steering coloumn all the switches are in the center consoul. No horn.

I think that the fastners on the engine bonnet and front trunk are latched on the GT,

They are completely different to drive, in a GTR you have to hammer it or it will stall which makes it very difficult to keep traction and drive in the street with traffic, in contrast the GT's are infact very driveable.

one is a true race car the other is very agressive street car bearing similar looks. It is true that they share alot of common parts but so do people and were all very different.

if you look around you can read more technical stuff on them but thats just numbers and words, driving them and feeling them makes them much more different than gearhead numbers.

hope I helped you

16. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

OWNED!!!!!!!! :) aaaaahahahhah, but all in good fun :) :D

17. DotHater

DotHater Rookie

Feb 16, 2005

I didnt mean to sound rude when I said" Little do you know" I just was in a hurry and didnt have time to answere. I didnt want to see the thread die either. So I made a quick post.

I dont know a lot about Ferraris or many other cars but do know alot more than most about these 2 cars and wanted to help. Since there are so few of them and people with experience with them and I knew some of the answeres I felt obligated to answere.

18. DotHater

DotHater Rookie

Feb 16, 2005
    I forgot GTR's have a fire supression system, tow hooks, different composit on the brake pads (they sound like a freight train), the carbon fibre is raw(not painted w/clear coat stuff antwhere in the car), 5 point seat harnesses. a removeable steering wheel(quick release).

Fuel filler system is for the can thing- has two holes one at 45 degress above the other one to displace the air so the fuel cell(another difference) can be filled from a bottle quickly in the pit. they push in and arnt threaded like a regular fuel cap.

wing is smaller and fixed(except small lip on the back) on the GT, the GTR has a huge race wing that creates ALOT more down force.

i'll look for some more differences later.

19. ciao baby

ciao baby Karting

Feb 15, 2004
    DC<---> MB
    Full Name:
    Michael Karagiannis
    Anyone know where I can get the Rims for the GTR?
    I was looking for a second set for "hard driving events"
    I would guess the black forged GTR would be the right one for a 6.0 track event right?
    ///MK

20. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    In my last post i made the mistake of mentioning "exterior" instead of interior. Fron the outside they look the same except for wing and rims (and taillights if you wanna get picky) but the interior is what makes the difference. i ALREADY know about all the features you mentioned except for the stalling issue.
    Looks like you got confused when i asked my question but that's ok.

21. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    keep dreaming kid.

22. DotHater

DotHater Rookie

Feb 16, 2005
    GTR dosent have a rear bumper