Countach - Detailing a Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV [1986] | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Detailing a Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV [1986]

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Aficior, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Aficior

Aficior Rookie

May 30, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Robert-Jan de Ridder
    Dear Forum,

I have the honor (as a car detailer from The Netherlands) to work on a Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV off a dear friend of mine. My part will be to insanely detail the car to the best I can and to the best condition the car can give me. Yes, the car and me are working together on this project.

I will do my best to update this forum as I progress. I do not have a set-delivery-date, but I will work on this car as often as I have the time.

[​IMG]

At the moment a car mechanic has disassembled the exhaust of this 12 cylinder beuaty.

This weekend I have powder blasted the parts of the exhaust which were disassembled. The manifolds are still connected to the engine, because I understood these can only be disassembled when the engine is completely taken out of the car. So the manifolds maybe will be blasted in the future. Who knows.

Now I have cleaned the exhaust from dark brown rust to bare metal.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can now leave it like this, but I am sure that within some amount of time the exhaust will start rusting again. (My friend the owner loves to drive his dream car). Better would be perhaps, to protect the exhaust with Very High Temperature spray-paint in the original color.

QUESTION.
    Does anyone know what the original color of the exhaust was in 1986 of this European car when it came straight from the factory?

Sincere,
    Aficior

EarlyCat, joe sackey and Tu160bomber like this.
  2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Look forward to following this thread with interest. My QV came from The Netherlands too. :D

You can paint as you have mentioned. But why not get it ceramic coated in black?

Others with far more knowledge than I will be here soon to advise you of the paint finish.

Cheers
    Rob

3. joe sackey

joe sackey Three Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Satin black.

4. Aficior

Aficior Rookie

May 30, 2019
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Robert-Jan de Ridder
    Dear Lamborghini forum members,

Thank you very much for all your enthusiastic reactions and likes. I will keep this thread updated in the future.

Also thank you very much @joe sackey for sharing your knowledge about the original color of the exhaust. Now I can go further with the exhaust.

As I am from The Netherlands, I also shared this subject on a Dutch detailing forum. For those of you who can read Dutch, the link to that subject is:
    https://forum.carclean.com/threads/full-detail-lamborghini-countach-5000-qv-1986-dtld-by-aficior.22667/#post-406263

Until next time,
    Aficior

Spyder-Man, Booker and joe sackey like this.
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
    Would love more updates on this project, as well as many general photos of the interior and exterior.

6. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I took a look at his forum web link and viewed it using Google Chrome, which translates the language for us non-Dutch speakers :)