Countach Tool Kit Thread | Page 7 | LamborghiniChat
News

Countach Tool Kit Thread

Discussion in 'Lamborghini Supercars' started by Rossocorsa1, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 Formula Junior

May 14, 2017
    Excellent. For those looking for one of these, I know a source that has some. Feel free to contact me.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  2. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    joe sackey and Spyder-Man like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Here's a couple interesting observations of this early QV tool kit (aside from it missing many pieces), included with this car:

http://www.topmarques.it/it/auto/lamborghini-5000-quattrovalvole--ex-rosberg-14000.html

- Given that it’s an early 85 car, it has a holdover 5000S double strap bag.

- More interesting, however, is that this kit has both the spark plug spanner extension lever and the spark plug spanner extension (#’s 4 and 5 respectively in the rare 85 owners manual). As I mentioned before in post #9, other than those included in my NOS tool kit (last photo), I have never seen these two pieces in another kit, and I’ve seen many. Another example of how oddly inconsistent Lamborghini was in that era.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Spyder-Man likes this.
  4. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    #154 Spyder-Man, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    @charles robertson Chas, quick!! reach out to Jeff and grab this part!

R

charles robertson likes this.
  5. charles robertson

Silver Subscribed

Mar 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    charles robertson
    Jeff where do I get one?

chas

Spyder-Man likes this.
  6. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    joe sackey likes this.
  7. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
  8. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    joe sackey likes this.
  9. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    #159 Rossocorsa1, Dec 8, 2019
    Patrick - the orange/amber pliers that you now have are definitely one of the original type for a QV. You can be certain of that. Please refer to posts #8 and #126 in this thread. Keep in mind that Lamborghini used more than one style pliers (and other tools) throughout QV production.

As for the other pliers you have, I can’t verify anything about them with any certainty. I can say that I have never seen an all metal pliers in any QV tool kit. Every QV tool kit I have seen with original pliers have rubber/plastic handle (again, see post 8). Than again, as we know with Lamborghini from this era, anything is possible, however unlikely.

10. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    #160 Rossocorsa1, Dec 8, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I don’t know of a correct bulb/fuse pot container for sale currently, but they do come available. We’ll find one for you. Do be careful, however. The QV had a very specific style of blue/yellow container, made by Philips, with the Philips logo on the lid.

11. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
  12. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Rookie

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    You are welcome!

from memory the LP400 spare part catalog pic shows a "bit" different set of tools
    i would need to double check

13. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    #163 Rossocorsa1, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    I’m sure you’re correct. In fact, the photo/reference text in the owners manuals rarely correspond with the actual tool kits, which also doesn’t uniformly correspond with the parts catalogs.

EMILIO likes this.
  14. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So, got the 19mm wheel spanner back from the chrome shop yesterday. Hell what a difference from the rusty and sorry looking item it was :cool:

Therefore, time for a cheeky update shot of the ol kit as it stands today. Wheel spanner and spark plug socket being the recent additions. Just the spark plug t-bar / extension to go. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    I believe this is what you’re still missing (17mm spanner. I’ll keep a look out for you. Also, the belts are easily replaced.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Spyder-Man likes this.
  16. Spyder-Man

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You are correct Jeff. It may take a while but hopefully get there one day. Yes, I need to grab some belts. But as you say, easy enough to obtain.

Regards
    Rob

17. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    Yeah, the 17mm spanner is a tough one, but everything has a way of surfacing eventually. I’ll hunt for you as well. I’m sending you a PM on another topic.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  18. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Yes that is the guy. I saw a lot of other colors containers on sale.

19. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017

Patrick - one other possibility regarding your all metal pliers (and this is just a guess). Looking at the crudeness of the handles (no visible texture for grip) it maybe that the rubber handles were removed at some point. Again, just another possibility. Regardless, you now have a correct QV set of pliers.

20. islandguy

islandguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    I have a 17mm, 18mm, and 19mm in my tool kit. Is this typical?

Attached Files:

21. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    In my experience, the two spanners that are typical are the 17mm and the 19mm. Does that mean some kits may have an 18mm? Absolutely. While I have never seen an 18mm spanner, that means nothing in the consistently inconsistent world of Lamborghini in that era. In my opinion, consider yourself unique that you have one.

22. islandguy

islandguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    I wonder if this kit actually has 17mm and 18mm spanners as opposed to two 17mm spanners as it appears the two spanners are different lengths. My 18mm is slightly shorter than the 17mm.

23. Rossocorsa1

May 14, 2017
    #174 Rossocorsa1, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    Very good catch. That’s very possible. What year and variant is your car?

24. islandguy

islandguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    88.5 US FI